Use our online booking system to order:
You can also order certificates in person from any civil registration service.
You can only order full standard certificates online.
Delivery time depends on how long it takes us to search for the certificate and where it is being posted to. We aim to post certificates within 10 working days.
Postage for online orders is €1.50 per order in Ireland and €2 per order outside of Ireland.
If we are unable to find the record, we will send you a full refund.
Fees for certificates
€20 for a full standard certificate.
Over the counter orders
Fees for ordering certificates at a civil registration service are:
- €20 for a full standard certificate
- €10 to have a certificate authenticated - available from the General Register Office
- €1 for a copy for social welfare purposes and registering for a Public Services Card (letter from Department of Social Protection required)
- €20 for a certified copy of an entry in the Adopted Children Register
Years certificates are available
Certificates are available for:
- births registered in the Republic of Ireland from 1864 to present
- births registered in Northern Ireland from 1864 to 1921
- deaths registered in the Republic of Ireland from 1864 to present
- deaths registered in Northern Ireland from 1864 to 1921
- marriages registered in the island of Ireland from 1864 to 1921 and in the Republic of Ireland from 1922
- civil partnerships registered in the Republic of Ireland from 2011
- stillbirths held by the General Register Office
- domestic adoptions held by the General Register Office
Order a certificate in Irish
To order a certificate by post in Irish, download the application form.
Contact us about online orders
For births, deaths or marriages certificates
HSE Civil Registration Service
8-11 Lombard Street East
Telephone: (01) 8638200 Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
If you send an email, please include your order ID number.
For adoptions or stillbirths certificates
General Register Office, Government Offices, Convent Road, Roscommon, Co. Roscommon, F42 VX53
Tel: (090) 6632900