The National Dementia Office
The National Dementia Office was established in 2015 to oversee the implementation of the National Dementia Strategy.
Our vision is that a person living with dementia and their family carer's receive the supports and services they need to fulfil their potential and to maintain their identity, resilience and dignity as valued and active citizens in society.
Our mission is to transform the dementia landscape in Ireland by:
- Providing leadership for the implementation of the Department of Health National Dementia Strategy and the HSE's Reform Programme, so that people with dementia can live well, can have services and supports delivered in the best way possible and can ultimately die with comfort and dignity.
- Working collaboratively with staff across HSE Divisions/ NGOS/ Private /Voluntary services to ensure the effective roll-out of the National Dementia Strategy implementation plan, creating an interconnected approach to the identification of programme solutions, service delivery, education and public information.
- Influencing policy and practice in dementia care in Ireland; advocating for an evidence-based, progressive approach to the development and provision of dementia services and supports.
- Raising awareness and increasing understanding of dementia and related risk factors; empowering people living with dementia, their family carers, communities and those working in dementia care.
The values that guide the NDO in all its activities and interactions in realising its mission are:
- Professionalism and Accountability
- Collaboration and Partnership
- Empowerment and a Rights-Based Approach
Meet the Team
Our office is located at Block 6, Central Business Park, Clonminch, Tullamore, Co Offaly, R35 F6F8.
You can send general queries email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Individual contact details of team members are given below.
Paul Maloney, Programme Manager
Dr Seán O’Dowd, Clinical Lead
Dr Mairéad Bracken-Scally, Senior Project Manager
Kate Brennan, Senior Project Manager
Services and supports, education and training
Fiona Foley, Senior Project Manager
Dementia: Understand Together and Brain Health
Sinéad O’Reilly, Project Officer
Marie Scanlon, Senior Project Manager
Service arrangements and operations
Emma Johnston, Assistant Staff Officer