Applying for Fair Deal
Fair Deal provides financial support for those in long-term nursing home care. You pay part of the nursing home fees and we pay the balance. This scheme applies to approved public, private and voluntary nursing homes.
There are 4 steps to the Fair Deal application process:
- Complete the application form
- We calculate how much you will pay
- We assess the need for a nursing home
- You can choose to apply for a nursing home loan if you meet the conditions
Fair Deal does not cover:
- short-term care such as respite, convalescent or day-care
- extra fees charged by the nursing home for services like hairdressing, therapies or activities
Ask your nursing home what extra fees will need to be paid. It is best to draw up and agreement of these costs.
We know the application process can be complicated. If you don’t understand this information, or if you have a question that’s not answered here, please contact us:
The Fair Deal Information Booklet has more information on the Fair Deal scheme