The flu campaign for 2017/2018 is now over. The next flu campaign will launch in September 2018.
We strongly recommend the flu vaccine for anyone, 6 months and over, who has a long-term health condition such as:
- chronic heart disease (including a history of heart attack or unstable angina)
- chronic liver disease
- chronic renal failure
- chronic respiratory disease, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), cystic fibrosis, moderate or severe asthma or bronchopulmonary dysplasia
- chronic neurological disease including multiple sclerosis, hereditary and degenerative disorders of the central nervous system
- diabetes mellitus
- down syndrome
- morbid obesity i.e. body mass index (BMI) over 40
- immunosuppression due to disease or treatment (including treatment for cancer)
children aged 6 months and older:
- with any condition that can affect lung function, especially those attending special schools/day centres with cerebral palsy or intellectual disability
- on long-term aspirin therapy (because of the risk of Reyes syndrome)
Find out how to get the flu vaccine.
This page was updated on 1 May 2018