2020/2021 School Programme
Information for parents and guardians of children who are starting secondary school and age equivalent in special schools or home schooled in September 2020.
In September 2021 school teams will deliver consent packs to your childs school. Your child will bring the consent pack home. Please read the information carefully and sign the consent form in the pack. Each pack contains:
The pack also contains an envelope so you can send the completed consent form back to the school with your child before the school team visits.
After your child is vaccinated they will be given:
The vaccine used in the school programme in Ireland is called Gardasil9. It is manufactured by MSD. The licensed documents for each vaccines the Summary of Product Characteristcs and the Patient Information Leaflet are available from the HPRA Website.
- Gardasil - Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) and
- Gardasil - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) for more information about the vaccine.
Information for HSE School Teams
- Royal College of Physicians of Ireland - Immunisation Guidelines for Ireland. Chapter 10 - Human Papillomavirus
- Supporting Information for Staff - School Immunisation Programme 2021/2022 academic year (Updated August 2021)
- HPV Frequently Asked Questions Version 18.0 (August 2021)
- Gardasil9 - Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC)
- Gardasil9 - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL)
Medicine Protocol for the School Immunisation Programme
- Gardasil 9 Medicine Protocol
- Anaphylaxis Protocol (updated February 2019)
- Change to the NIAC Guidelines for treatment of Anaphylaxis (November 2015)