2022/2023 School Programme
In September 2022 school teams will deliver consent packs to your childs school. Your child will bring the consent pack home. Please read the information carefully and sign the consent form in the pack. Each pack contains:
The pack also contains an envelope so you can send the completed consent form back to the school with your child before the school team visits.
After your child is vaccinated they will be given:
The vaccine used in the school programme in Ireland is called Gardasil9. It is manufactured by MSD. The licensed documents for each vaccines the Summary of Product Characteristics and the Patient Information Leaflet are available from the HPRA Website.
- Gardasil - Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) and
- Gardasil - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) for more information about the vaccine.
Information for HSE School Teams
- Royal College of Physicians of Ireland - Immunisation Guidelines for Ireland. Chapter 10 - Human Papillomavirus
- Supporting Information for Staff - School Immunisation Programme 2022/2023 academic year (Updated August 2022)
- HPV Frequently Asked Questions Version 19.0 (August 2022)
- Gardasil9 - Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC)
- Gardasil9 - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL)
Medicine Protocol for the School Immunisation Programme
- Gardasil 9 Medicine Protocol
- Anaphylaxis Protocol (updated February 2019)
- Change to the NIAC Guidelines for the treatment of Anaphylaxis