The Laura Brennan HPV vaccine catch-up programme
Until the end of December 2023 the Laura Brennan HPV vaccine catch-up programme will be available.
Information materials have been developed:
Post vaccination Advice in English and Irish
2023/2024 School Programme
In January 2024 school teams will deliver consent packs to your child's school. Your child will bring the consent pack home. Please read the information carefully and sign the consent form in the pack.
Each pack contains:
The pack also contains an envelope so you can send the completed consent form back to the school with your child before the school immunisation team visits.
After your child is vaccinated they will be given:
The vaccine used in the school programme in Ireland is called Gardasil9. It is manufactured by MSD. The licensed documents for each vaccines the Summary of Product Characteristics and the Patient Information Leaflet are available from the HPRA Website.
- Gardasil - Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) and
- Gardasil - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) for more information about the vaccine.
Information for HSE School Teams
- Royal College of Physicians of Ireland - Immunisation Guidelines for Ireland. Chapter 10 - Human Papillomavirus
- Supporting Information for Staff - School Immunisation Programme 2023/2024 academic year (Updated August 2023)
- Supporting Information for Staff The Laura Brennan HPV Catch-up Vaccination Programme 2022 - August 2023
- HPV Frequently Asked Questions (August 2023)
- Gardasil9 - Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC)
- Gardasil9 - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL)
Medicine Protocol for the School Immunisation Programme
- Gardasil 9 Medicine Protocol
- Anaphylaxis Protocol (updated February 2023)
- Change to the NIAC Guidelines for the treatment of Anaphylaxis