The school programme is currently on hold however we are working on plans to restart the programme and continue protecting students from vaccine preventable diseases.
2019/2020 School Programme
Information for parents and guardians of children who are starting secondary school and age equivalent in special schools or home schooled in September 2019
In August and September 2019 school teams will deliver consent packs to your childs school. Your child will bring the consent pack home. Please read the information carefully and sign the consent form in the pack. Each pack contains:
The pack also contains an envelope so you can send the completed consent form back to the school with your child before the school team visits.
The vaccine used in the school programme in Ireland is called Gardasil9. It is manufactured by MSD. Please read
- Gardasil - Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) and
- Gardasil - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) for more information about the vaccine.
Information for School Principals
Information for Healthcare Professionals
Information for HSE School Teams
- Royal College of Physicians of Ireland - Immunisation Guidelines for Ireland. Chapter 10 - Human Papillomavirus
- Supporting Information for Staff - School Immunisation Programme 2019-2020 academic year (Updated September 2019)
- HPV Frequently Asked Questions Version 16.0 (August 2019)
- Gardasil9 - Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC)
- Gardasil9 - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL)
Medicine Protocol for the School Immunisation Programme
- Gardasil 9 Medicine Protocol
- Anaphylaxis Protocol (updated February 2019)
- Change to the NIAC Guidelines for treatment of Anaphylaxis (November 2015)