HPV vaccine catch-up programme
The Laura Brennan HPV vaccine catch-up programme is for some people age 16 or older who did not get the vaccine yet.
If you are under 16 and want to get the HPV vaccine, you do not need to do anything for now. You will get vaccinated through your school or a HSE clinic in 2023.
Who can get a vaccine
A HPV vaccine will be offered to:
- females in 2nd to 6th year of secondary school
- females under the age of 25
- males in 2nd to 4th year of secondary school
- males in 5th year who skipped Transition Year
Who can book an appointment
You can book a HPV vaccine catch-up appointment if you are a:
- female age 16 to 24 years
- male age 16 or older who started 1st year of secondary school, homeschool or a special school between 2019 and 2021
We are setting up more HPV vaccine clinics in 2023. Check back in January if there are no appointments in your area.
What you need to book an appointment
To book an appointment, we ask for:
- a mobile phone number
- an address or Eircode
We also ask for a PPS number. If you do not have one, you can still get a vaccine.
Why we ask for your PPS number
What to bring to your appointment
Bring photo ID with your date of birth to your appointment, for example a:
- driving licence
- Garda age card
Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment. Wear something that will make it easy to get the vaccine in your upper arm.
You do not need to fast before getting a HPV vaccine.