Choosing an Approved Home Support Provider
The Home Support Service is provided by either the HSE or one of its approved home support providers. If you are approved for a Home Support Service and HSE staff are not available to deliver the service, then a provider who has been approved by the HSE will deliver the home support to you.
You will be asked to choose from a list of approved home support providers. Your first choice may not be available so it’s a good idea to include a number of choices when choosing an approved provider. Or we can choose a provider from the list on your behalf.
You will deal directly with the HSE Approved Provider(s) of your choice to arrange days and times of services that meet your essential care needs. Your individual care needs will be identified during your care needs assessment.
Choosing a provider that has been approved by the HSE means that they must comply with the Tender 2018 Service Specifications. These service specifications have been developed in line with the Health Information and Quality Authority (HIQA) National Standards for Safer Better Healthcare, which set out the key principles of quality and safety that should be applied in any health care service setting. All service providers have an obligation to meet the national standards.
- Having a process and procedure for consulting with service users and/or their representatives about the home support service on a regular basis;
- Ensuring staff are trained and are familiar with current policies, procedures and codes of practice;
- Ensuring that there is a management structure and clinical governance oversight in place, with clear lines of accountability to deliver services.
Payment will not be made to providers who are not approved by the HSE. Approved providers are only allowed to charge the rates agreed with the HSE. Your provider will ask you to certify that the Home Support Service provided is as agreed with the HSE.
You can see the list of approved home support providers listed below or ask your local Home Support Office.
Further information is available in the Home Support Service for Older People Information Booklet.
HSE Approved Home Support Providers
- Carlow/Kilkenny, Tipperary South, Waterford, Wexford
- Cavan/Monaghan, Donegal, Sligo/Leitrim
- Clare, Limerick, Tipperary North
- Cork, Kerry
- Dublin North, Dublin North Central, Dublin North West
- Dublin South City, Dublin West, Dublin South West, Kildare/West Wicklow
- Dublin South East, Dun Laoghaire, Wicklow
- Galway, Mayo, Roscommon
- Laois/Offaly, Longford/Westmeath, Louth, Meath