There is no fee for the registration of a marriage, or for correction of errors on a marriage certificate. There is a fee for marriage notification of €200, and there are fees for certificates of marriage (see below)
- 20 euro for a full standard certificate
- 4 euro for an uncertified copy of an entry in the Register
- 1 euro for a certificate issued for social welfare purposes. (note: you must have a letter from the Department of Social Protection to qualify fo the reduced fee certificate)
- 10 euro to have a marriage certificate authenticated. This service is only available from the General Register's Office, Government Buildings,Convent Road, Roscommon.
- Marriage notification fee (€200) Non refundable. Additional charges apply for outside venues)