Last updated: 26 June 2020 at 18:00pm
HSE Dental Service during Pandemic
All drop in Dental Emergency Clinics at 9am have been suspended due to COVID-19.
Wicklow Primary Care Centre Tel: 04 04 63044
Patients requiring urgent and emergency dental care should contact their local clinic by telephone before 9.15am; it may not be possible to respond on the same day to calls received later than 9.15am.
We are working with our colleagues across all Primary Care to create a safe environment that will allow routine services to resume. At present Dental services are limited to Wicklow PCC and Bray Town Centre.
Wicklow Primary Care Centre 0404 63044
Bray Town Centre 01 2744100.
Please note the following:
- On entering the premises, you will be asked to hand sanitise, wear a face covering according to government guidelines, and provide contact information for Contact Tracing purposes.
- Social distancing is to be maintained.
- Temperature checks will take place of dental patients and accompanying adults.
- Where possible, just one parent/carer and no siblings should attend.
- Please have phone available for contact on arrival and when waiting to access building.
Thank you for your patience during this time and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
A parent or legal guardian should accompany children to every visit to provide consent for examinations and/or treatments.
Dental Services for Medical Card Holders age 16 and over
A list of private dentists contracted to provide services to medical cardholders under the Dental Treatment Services Scheme (DTSS) is available at 01 2744337/ 01 6637329 or can be obtained from any local HSE dental clinic. A patient information leaflet explaining your entitlements is also available.
The HSE Dental Service also provides care to eligible adults with special needs who are unable to access care through the DTSS.
Dublin Dental University Hospital
Children and adults may also self-refer to the Dublin Dental University Hospital at Lincoln Place, Dublin 2 www.dentalhospital.ie. Charges may apply.
Other HSE dental clinics can be found at:
HSE Dental Clinics Wicklow
The dental clinics in Wicklow are located at:
- Wicklow Primary Care Centre, Port Road, Knockrobin, Co. Wicklow Tel 0404 63044 (Monday-Friday).
- Bray Health Centre, Block B, Civic Centre, Main Street, Bray, Co. Wicklow. Tel: 01 274 4100 (Monday-Friday).
Other HSE Dental clinics can be found at:
- Our Lady’s Clinic, Patrick Street, Dun Laoghaire. Tel 01 2802404.
- Loughlinstown Health Centre, Loughlinstown Drive. Tel 01 2822122/
- Balally HSE Primary Care Centre, Rockfield Medical Campus, Balally, Dublin 16. Tel: 01 292 4536/ 292 4500 (Monday-Friday).
Out of Hours Emergency Service
The Dublin Dental University Hospital, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2, provides a service on Saturday, Sunday and public holidays for severe dental emergencies only from 9:00am to 11:00pm. This service can be accessed by calling 01 6127200 and leaving your details (including the telephone number at which you can be contacted) on the answering machine. If you have a severe dental emergency outside these hours, you should contact the nearest appropriate Emergency Department.
Regional Orthodontic Service
Regional Orthodontic Unit, St. Columcille's Hospital, Loughlinstown, Co. Dublin. Tel: 01 200 5240.