Your service your say
We want to provide safe and high-quality services so that you receive the best care and treatment.
Your feedback matters. It helps us to improve our services.
We want to hear from you about your experience of using our services:
- what worked
- what could improve
- what didn't work
Feedback can be a:
Make a comment or complaint
There are many ways you can tell us about your experience:
- Tell the people who care for you today
- Fill in the online feedback form
- Email us at email@example.com
- Fill out the paper feedback form and put it in the feedback box or give it to a member of staff
- Send a letter about the service: Comments/Complaints Department, Quality & Safety Department, UL Hospital Group, HSE Unit 2, Loughmore Avenue, Raheen Business Park, Limerick.
- Call us on 1890 424 555 from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Call 045 8980400 from a mobile.Call HSELive on 1850 241 850 from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am to 5pm on Saturday. Call 041 6850300 from a mobile.
If you're not able to give feedback yourself, ask a relative, carer or advocate to do this for you.
A comment could be a suggestion for service improvement. It can also be an observation made by a service user that can lead to learning by the organisation. We will share your feedback with the service or staff member.
What to include in a complaint
A complaint should include:
- Who was involved
- What happened and when
- What your concerns are
- Have you done anything to resolve this matter.What you want to happen now.
Please provide any extra information and copies of other relevant documents.
What happens after you make a complaint
You may have had a poor experience and told a member of staff or the person providing your care. If so, they will try to help you as soon as possible or within 48 hours.
If you made a written complaint, we will confirm receipt of your complaint within 5 working days.
Then we will:
- look into your complaint and respond to you within 30 working days
- contact you to ask for more time, if needed
- keep you updated every 20 working days after that
We might call or ask to meet you to hear more about it.
If you are not happy with the outcome of your complaint, you can ask for an internal review by UHL.
Comments/Complaints Department, Quality & Safety Department, UL Hospital Group, HSE Unit 2, Loughmore Avenue, Raheen Business Park, Limerick.
You can also ask for an external review from the Ombudsman or the Ombudsman for Children:
Office of the Ombudsman
18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2, D02 HE97.
Tel: 01 639 5600
Lo-call: 1890 22 30 30 (charges may vary)
Ombudsman for Children's Office
Millennium House, 52-56 Great Strand Street, Dublin 1
Tel: 01 865 6800
Freefone: 1800 20 20 40