Connecting for Life - Kerry
You and Your Mental Health
You and Your Mental Health - A resource to support your mental health and wellbeing every day. From HSE Cork Kerry Community Healthcare.
Responding to Suicide
Responding to Suicide - A shared approach for Traveller Organisations and Health Services. From HSE Traveller Health Unit, Cork Kerry.
Connecting for Life Kerry Mental Health Supports Poster/Wallet card
Getting Through COVID-19 Together - June 2020
Getting Through COVID-19 Together - May 2020
Download a helpful poster outlining services and supports available during COVID-19. From HSE Cork, Kerry, Community Healthcare:
- Advice for vulnerable people during COVID-19
- How to protect yourself against fraud and generate trust during COVID-19
Connecting for Life Kerry newsletter (December 2018)
Launch of Connecting For Life Kerry Action Plan 2017 – 2020
Connecting for Life is the national strategy for suicide prevention and sets a minimum target of a 10% reduction in the suicide rate in Ireland by 2020. Connecting for Life sets out a vision where fewer lives are lost through suicide, and where communities and individuals are empowered to improve their mental health and wellbeing. The local Action Plan for County Kerry lays out very specific steps to deliver the high-level actions that are relevant to the needs of the people of this area and recognises the contributions that can be made across all sectors of our community with the aim of reducing suicide incidence (Government Departments, HSE, NGO partners and community groups).
Our vision and goals
Connecting for Life Kerry is based on the same vision, goals, objectives and measurable outcomes as the national strategy.
"A county where fewer lives are lost through suicide, and where communities and individuals are empowered to improve their mental health and wellbeing".
- To improve the county's understanding of, and attitudes to, suicidal behaviour, mental health and wellbeing.
- To support local communities' capacity to prevent and respond to suicidal behaviour.
- To target approaches to reduce suicidal behaviour and improve mental health among priority groups.
- To enhance accessibility, consistency and care pathways of services for people vulnerable to suicidal behaviour.
- To ensure safe and high-quality services for people vulnerable to suicide.
- To reduce and restrict access to means of suicidal behaviour.
- To improve surveillance, evaluation and high quality research relating to suicidal behaviour.
Each goal is based on the achievement of a set of supporting objectives.
- Reduced suicide rate in the whole population of Kerry and amongst specified priority groups.
- Reduced rate of presentations of self-harm in the whole population of Kerry and amongst specified population groups.
This page was last updated on 5th January 2021.