Services are provided at Fiachne Day Centre from Mon-Thur 9am-5pm and Fri 9am-4pm. You can access these through your GP or by attending the Emergency Department of University Hospital, Kerry. Click here for more information on accessing services.
Fiachne Day Centre Philosophy of Care
At Fiachne Day Centre, our philosophy is to provide you with the highest attainable quality of Mental Health Care.
Our mission is to empower you to reach your full potential, maximise your social integration and to maintain good Mental Health. This is achieved through the following:
- In partnership with you, and adopting a holistic approach with you at the centre, our Multi-Disciplinary Team devises an Individual Care Plan for you.
- We facilitate your progress to recovery in your Mental Health through empathetic understanding, listening and respect.
- Our Multi-Disciplinary Team believes in maximising your strengths, qualities, talents and skills as well as providing support to your family and carers.
- You are empowered to participate in all areas of society and the community that you live in and to access services that are provided in your local community.
- The service we provide is recovery-focused, enabling you to use your own abilities and resources, to achieve your full potential in all areas of your life.
You may be referred to one or more of the services listed below, depending on your needs.
Groups/Activities at Fiachne Day Centre
- Gardening. We have a garden area with a polytunnel. Our Gardening Tutor attends weekly/fortnightly depending on the growing season.
- Social and Wellness discussion group
- Art: ceramics, painting, sketching.
- Our OT runs a “Lifestyle Matters” group
- Literacy group
- Personal Development
- Healthy Eating/Weight Management
- Music and movies
- Chair Yoga
- Bingo, cards, board games, crosswords
- Newspaper and Current Affairs Discussion
- Walking and coffee trips
- Psycho-education re mental health, maintaining mental health, medication concordance.
- Nights out to Carnegie Arts Centre, Kenmare.
- MDT Careplan meetings, Family meetings.
- Weekly GROW meeting at Day Centre
- Literacy tutors for one to one sessions
- Nursing management of medication and depot administration
- Nursing support with clinic appointments
- Smoking Cessation Program to commence shortly
- One-to-one Nursing Support
- Assistance with personal hygiene if needed
Liasing with outside agencies
- Kenmare Community Care: Family Resource Centre and Taobh Linn
- Kenmare Mental Health Association
- Kenmare Adult Education Centre
- Carnegie Arts Centre
- Public Health Nurses, GPs. Home Helps, Physiotherapist.
- National Learning Network
- Kerry Education and Training Board
- Kenmare Peer Support
- Irish Advocacy Network
- Rockmount Alzheimer Unit
- South Kerry Development Partnership and Rural Development
- MS Ireland
Meals are provided 2 days per week by Kenmare Hospital. You cook yourself each Friday and are encouraged to bring lunch on the other two days.