The HSE is continuing with the roll-out of its COVID-19 walk-in testing centres with additional testing sites opening today, Friday May 7th and from Monday May 10th. The period of opening of a number of other sites is also being extended for a further seven days. Walk-in testing continues to be provided in dedicated pop-up locations, and alongside the GP referral testing services in a number of the COVID-19 static testing centres.
The walk-in COVID 19 testing service is free and available for people who do not have symptoms of COVID-19.
Since the first walk-in test centre opened in late March, over 62,300 people have availed of a free COVID-19 test in one of the walk-in testing centres across the country. As of Friday morning, May 7th 2,048 positive cases of COVID-19 were detected in people who used the walk-in testing service. Over the last seven days we are continuing to see a sustained positivity rate of 3.5% nationally.
Commenting Niamh O’Beirne, National Lead Test and Trace said: “We are seeing increasing numbers of people avail of our free walk-in COVID 19 testing service. We are continuing to work closely with the HSE’s Public Health teams across the country to determine the best locations for these walk-in centres. Today, Friday walk in testing centres open in Wexford and in Cavan. Over the coming days walk-in testing will be available in centres in Tallaght, Ardee Co Louth, Portlaoise and Longford. Two further testing centres will open in Donegal – in Convoy and Carndonagh. We continue to urge people in those communities where walk-in testing is available to go and get a test and help contain the spread of COVID-19”
Who can use a walk-in centre
You can use the COVID-19 walk-in test centre if you do not have symptoms of COVID-19 and you:
- are aged 16 years and over
- live in the same area as the walk-in test centre
- have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 6 months
- Tests are limited to one test per person. If you think you need a repeat test, talk to your GP
What you need to bring
You need to bring photo ID and provide a mobile phone number.
Details of sites opening today and over the coming days below
Full details of all sites available at COVID-19 walk-in test centres - HSE.ie
- Wexford: Test Centre, Whitemills Industrial Estate, Wexford. Y35 VK59 – opens Friday May 7th for seven days – 10am – 6pm
- Cavan : Cavan Swimming Pool and Leisure Complex, Drumalee, Cavan, H12 Y9W4 – opens Friday May 7th – Monday May 10th 11am-7pm
- Donegal: Donegal GAA Centre of Excellence, Milltown, Convoy, Co. Donegal. F93 DK4C – opens Sat May 8th – Monday May 10th 11am-7pm
- Louth: Ardee Walk In Test Centre, St Bridget's Campus , KELLS ROAD, Ardee, Co. Louth, A92 DRN0 opens Monday May 10th for 7 days 10am-4.30pm
- Dublin: Tallaght Stadium, Whitestown Way Dublin 24, D24 FNK6 – opens Monday May 10th to Thursday May 13th 11am – 7pm
- Laois: St Fintan’s Hospital, Dublin Road, Portlaoise, Co Laois, R32YFW6 opens Monday May 10th to Saturday May 15th 10am- 4.30pm
- Longford: Unit 10A Mastertech Business Park, Longford N39 K 535 – opens Monday May 10th to Saturday May 15th 10am – 4.30pm
- Donegal: GAA Club Car Park / Club House, Carndonagh, Co Donegal F93 EF65 - opens Tuesday May 11th to Thursday May 13th 11am- 7pm
Last updated on: 07 / 05 / 2021