The HSE’s COVID-19 walk-in test centre programme is continuing. From today, Monday April 26th a new walk-in COVID-19 test centre is opening in Celbridge, Co Kildare and from Wednesday this week April 28th, a walk-in, no appointment required testing service for asymptomatic individuals will open in Tullamore, Co Offaly and operate alongside the existing GP referral COVID-19 testing service for those with symptoms or those who are close contacts of a confirmed case.
The walk-in sites which have been operational in Dublin for more than a week now, have their opening period extended and will now be open for walk-in COVID 19 testing until later this week.*
These centres support both the HSE’s enhanced Covid-19 testing for local communities and allow further identification and understanding of any variants of concern within our communities.
Commenting Niamh O’Beirne National Lead Test and Test said, “ We are seeing increasing numbers of people present to the HSE’s walk-in COVID-19 testing centres. We continue to work closely with the Public Health teams across the country, the National Ambulance Service and Community Health teams to ensure that we establish these testing centres as quickly as possible once the need for them has been identified.
As of this morning, April 26th more than 42,900 people have had a COVID-19 test in one of the HSE’s walk-in centres and 1,416 people have tested positive for COVID-19 - 3.4%. We continue to urge those in communities where walk-in testing is available, to attend for a test –it is quick and convenient and you do not need to book in advance, more importantly you can protect those around you by taking the necessary public health measures if you receive a positive COVID-19 test result.”
*Further extension of opening days for Dublin based COVID 19 walk-in test centres
- The Liberties - St Catherine’s Community Sports Centre, Marrowbone Lane (Eircode: D08 W5WC) – Monday 26th to Thursday 29th 11am-7pm
- Coolock – Parnells GAA Club (Eircode:D05 H2W0 ) – Monday 26th to Friday 30th 9.30 to 4.30pm (revised opening hours)
- Mulhuddart - Cumann Naomh Peregrine (Eircode:D15 H2W0 ) – Monday 26th to Friday 30th 9.30ampm to 4.30 (revised opening hours)
- Kildare - A walk-in COVID-19 test centre (no appointment required) at Castletown House, Celbridge, Co Kildare (W23 V9H3) is open from Monday 26th until Friday 30th April from 11am to 7pm each day
- Offaly – Tullamore COVID-19 Testing Centre, Clonminch, will open for walk-in, no appointment required testing, from Wednesday April 28th from 9.30am to 4.30pm daily, for one week initially
Full details of the walk-in COVID-19 test centres currently open, including opening times are available at www.hse.ie.
Who can use a walk-in centre
You can use the COVID-19 walk-in test centre if you do not have symptoms of COVID-19 and you:
- Are aged 16 years and over
- Live in the same area as the walk-in test centre
- Have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 6 months
- Tests are limited to one test per person. If you think you need a repeat test, talk to your GP
What you need to bring
You need to bring photo ID and provide a mobile phone number.
Last updated on: 26 / 04 / 2021