The National HR Mediation Service provides a professional and confidential service in conflict prevention and management within and across the public health system.
Mediation is a voluntary process of conflict prevention and resolution that allows the parties an opportunity to address their issues in a confidential, private and safe environment.
Our service promotes early intervention in conflict, reducing the need for more lengthy, stressful and costly forma processes.
Our internal mediators are accredited by the Mediators Institute of Ireland, the professional association whose mission is to promote the use of quality mediation by ensuring the highest standards of education, training, professional practice and regulation.
Mediation is effective:
- In single-issue and multi-issue disputes
- In two –people and multi- party conflicts
- In developing innovative and sustainable solutions when parties are willing but stuck
- As a preventative intervention early in a conflict
- As an alternative to avoid costly and lengthy procedures of investigation and adjudications
Examples of Workplace Conflict suitable for Mediation:
Breakdown in a working relationships;
Issues arising from a grievance or disciplinary procedure;
Difficulties arising from organisational change
Allegations of harassment or bullying
Conflict arising from equality and diversity
To download the Mediation Service Information Leaflet: Click Here
To download the Mediation Service Poster for your work area: Click Here
- HR Guide to Creating a Positive Work Environment
For More Information, Advice and to Access the Service:
Call: 01 775 2239