We use strictly necessary cookies to make our site work. We would also like to set optional cookies (analytical, functional and YouTube) to enhance and improve our service. You can opt-out of these cookies. By clicking “Accept All Cookies” you can agree to the use of all cookies.

Cookies Statement and Privacy Statement

Pension Management Appeals

If you are unclear about your pension entitlements or are unhappy about any decision made by the relevant pensions unit in relation to your pension entitlements, you should contact the local Area Pensions Unit and ask them to explain the position fully. Contact details for your local Area Pensions Unit can be found here.

If, following this contact, the matter has not been settled to your satisfaction, you may avail of the formal Internal Dispute Resolution (IDR) process. Details of the formal IDR process are available from your local Area Pensions Unit.

Should you still have a complaint or dispute following the formal IDR, you may, depending on the nature of the complaint or dispute, be entitled to refer the matter to the Pensions Ombudsman for determination. Information concerning the role and functions of the Pensions Ombudsman is available from the Office of the Pensions Ombudsman or on the Pensions Ombudsman’s website.

Office of the Pensions Ombudsman
4th Floor, Lincoln House
Lincoln Place
Dublin 2

Telephone: 01 6766002