"Recommendation to Proceed" invitation offers you the opportunity to progress to the next stage of the recruitment process i.e. pre-employment clearances”. It should not be considered a job offer. This will outline the details of role in terms of location, tenure, job title, Hiring Manager etc.
It is important that you read these advisory notes before you commit to accepting the Recommendation to Proceed invitation” to progress to recruitment clearances as your decision may have an impact on your status on the panel.
If you advise the National Recruitment Service that you wish to proceed to the next stage of the Recruitment Process i.e. pre-employment clearances, the following rules apply based on the role that you are progressing with:
If you agree to progress with a Specified Purpose Post
- You will no longer be eligible for any further “Expressions of Interests” for Specified Purpose posts, however, you will keep your place on the panel for “Expressions of Interests” for Permanent Posts.
- and you later decline during the pre-employment clearance stage you will keep your place on the panel for both Specified Purpose and Permanent posts
If you agree to progress with a Permanent Post
- You will no longer be eligible for any further expressions of interest and will be removed from the panel
- and you later decline during the pre-employment clearance stage you will remain removed from the panel
Please note the following important information:
- “Recommendation to Proceed” responses will only be accepted in the format that is outlined in the “Recommendation to Proceed” invitation.
- “Recommendation to Proceed” invitations have a deadline and once the deadline has passed, no further responses will be accepted. The deadline will be outlined to you in the email.
- No contractual obligation is formed by through the “Recommendation to Proceed invitation” therefore we strongly advise that you do not hand in your notice at this time
- HSE Recruitment posts are subject to budgetary approval, satisfactory references, appropriate registration, security and medical clearances which will be sought as required.
- The HSE reserves the right to withdraw a recommendation to proceed if not satisfied with all aspects in this regard.
- The HSE determines the merit, appropriateness and relevance of references.
- A contract of employment is only valid when received in writing and signed by both parties (i.e. candidate and HSE).
- If you take up employment in a Specified Purpose post, you can advise NRS by email to firstname.lastname@example.org when you are within three months of the end of your contract. We will then activate you on the panel again for Specified Purpose “Expressions of Interests”