Health Service Excellence Awards 2020
Entries are now closed for the Health Service Excellence Awards 2020
Every day across the health service our staff do wonderful work in our primary care, acute and national service settings. The Health Service Excellence Awards are an opportunity to showcase and celebrate this good work. We also, through the awards process and sharing our success stories, promote shared learning for other teams in the HSE.
This year we are looking for projects that are making a real and lasting difference to our health and social services. The projects could be:
- improving access for patients, or
- delivering a higher quality of care to patients and to
- promoting pride among staff about our services.
The Awards are open to all staff working in the public health system.
This includes any service provided directly to the public including
- clinical services
- primary care
- social / family support
- support services: to include catering, portering, security, clerical
- management services: to include people management, processes, information technology or service management initiatives.
Closing date for applications is 24th January 2020.
Following this, projects will be shortlisted. We will contact each shortlisted project and they will be asked to present their project to a judging panel.
Award categories and submitting an application form
There are eight award categories in total.
You can enter more than one category. Please complete an application form for each category you wish to enter.
1. Supporting a Healthy Community - your project must demonstrate that real and positive influence on the health of a community of people you work with.
2. Improving our Childrens’ Health - show how the work of your project has led to an improvement in the health of children.
3. Improving the Patient Experience - show how changes or initiatives that your project have introduced brought about improvements in patient experience of our service.
4. Innovation in Services Delivery - show how innovative thinking has made an improvement to service delivery.
5. Championing Mental Health across our Health Services - show how your project improves or champions mental health nationally or within your region.
6. Excellence in Quality Care - show how your project has succeeded in providing excellence in quality care to our patients and service users.
7. Innovation in Integrated Digital Excellence - show how your project demonstrates the use of digital initiatives to improve integrated care.
8. Exceeding Expectations - Outstanding employee award for this award you can nominate an outstanding colleague. show how they continually go above and beyond to help, support or improve the lives of their colleagues and patients.
Closing date for applications: 24 January 2020
Shortlisted entries will be notified: March 2020
Excellence Awards Event: 23 April 2020