Health Service Excellence Awards 2021
Entries for the Health Service Excellence Awards were open from 10 December 2020 to 4 February 2021
Every day across our health service our staff do wonderful work across our primary care, acute and national services. The Health Service Excellence Awards is an opportunity to showcase and celebrate the good work that happens every day. We also, through the awards process, promote shared learning for other teams from our success stories. This year we have two new categories:
1. Operational Services Integration in a COVID Environment
2. Service Development and Innovation in Responding to COVID
These categories are in recognition of the significant work taking place across our health services to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are looking for projects that are making a real and lasting difference to our health and social services. The projects could be:
- improving access for patients, or
- delivering a higher of quality care to patients and to
- promoting pride among staff about our services.
The Awards are open to all staff working in the public health system.
This includes any service provided directly to the public including
- clinical services
- primary care
- social / family support
- support services: to include catering, portering, security, clerical
- management services: to include people management, processes, information technology or service management initiatives.
Closing date for applications is 4 February 2021 at midnight.
Following this, projects will be shortlisted. We will contact each shortlisted project and they will be asked to present their project to a judging panel.
There are eight award categories in total.
You can enter more than one category. Please complete an application form for each category you wish to enter.
The eight award categories are:
1. Supporting a Healthy Community - your project must demonstrate that real and positive influence on the health of a community of people you work with.
2. Improving the Patient Experience -show how changes or initiatives that your project have introduced brought about improvements in patient’s experience of our service
3. Innovation in Services Delivery - show how innovative thinking has made an improvement to service delivery.
4. Innovation in Integrated Digital Excellence - show how your project demonstrates the use of digital initiatives to improve integrated care.
5. Excellence in Quality Care - show how your project has succeeded in providing excellence in quality care to our patients and service users.
6. Service Development and Innovation in Responding to COVID - show how your project introduced an innovative approach in service development and design during the COVID response to support staff and service users/patients, nationally or within your region.
7. Operational Services Integration in a COVID Environment - show how your project enabled health service staff to respond to demands created by the health service response to COVID nationally or within your region.
8. Exceeding Expectations - Outstanding Employee Award - for this award, you can nominate an outstanding colleague. Show how they continually go above and beyond to help, support or improve the lives of their colleagues and patients.
Closing date for applications: 4 February 2021 at midnight
Shortlisted entries will be notified: May 2021
Excellence Awards Event: June 2021