The HSE is the largest employer in the state, with over 100,000 employees. More than 67,000 are direct employees, the remainder are employed by agencies funded by the HSE. The HSE aims to be an Employer of Choice, and offers a wide range of challenging career opportunities that enable our staff to make an important contribution to the health services, to public service and to the lives of everyone living in Ireland.
Use our job search to search for posts in Nursing, your particular Health and Social Care Profession and more.
HSE offers a broad range of occupations that aren’t limited to Doctors and Nurses. Our staff work in a different parts of the country across a range of services. This means taking care of our employees. Working in a rewarding and challenging career is just one of the many benefits you'll enjoy as a HSE employee. Let us support you on your career discovery journey by joining Ireland’s most diverse employer with staff spread across the nation.
Register to your interest today at HSE Career Hub to receive suitable weekly job notifications by email. After registration, you can change your preferences based on your interest and career progression as and when you see fit.
All positions in the HSE are advertised on this website.
It is the policy of the HSE to form panels from which future vacancies will be filled.
Find out more about getting a job in the HSE
- Recruitment Process- How to apply for a job and what to expect from the recruitment process.
- Recruitment Licence/Codes of Practice -Recruitment in the HSE is subject to the provisions of the Public Service Management (Recruitment and Appointments) Act, 2004 and is regulated by the Commission for Public Service Appointments (CPSA). Appointments are subject to the Codes of Practice published by the CPSA.
- Eligibility Criteria - Under Section 22 of the Health Act, the HSE has responsibility for setting and approving qualifications for appointments to HSE posts.
- Overseas Candidates-Information about living and working in Ireland.
- Validation of non-Irish qualifications This section relates to graduates in Speech and Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Podiatry and Radiography (Diagnostic and Radiation Therapy) who have non-Irish qualifications and wish to work with the HSE.
- Careers Portal - a career guidance website for graduates, school leavers and career changers. The HSE have a dedicated section that includes an overview of the Sector and a number of career video profiles.
- Brexit After Brexit, UK qualifications will no longer be recognised under the EU Directive on Professional Qualifications Directive. UK qualifications awarded before Brexit will not be affected.