A step by step guide to introduce Schwartz Rounds in your organisation:
1. Learn about Schwartz Rounds from (evidence) and by linking with other services in Ireland introducing Schwartz Rounds
2. Identify champions for Schwartz Rounds within your organisation i.e. potential Clinical Leads
3. Contact the National Quality Improvement Team Schwartz Rounds Co-ordinator for further information and support
4. Prepare a proposal/business case for the introduction of Schwartz Rounds within your organisation
5. Brief your executive management team and obtain organisational support to move forward with Schwartz Rounds.
6. Set up a Schwartz Rounds Steering group. Click here for information on roles and time involved.
7. Confirm Clinical Lead for Schwartz Rounds. Click here for information on role and time involved
8. Identify (expressions of interest) two Schwartz Rounds facilitators. Click here for information on role and time involved
9. Identify Schwartz Rounds Administration support. Click here for information on role and time involved
10. Confirm Schwartz Rounds budget to support:
- Training for Schwartz Rounds Clinical lead, two facilitators and administrative support
- Catering at monthly rounds
- Steering group activities
- Schwartz Rounds Continuing Professional Development
11. Complete and submit Application Form
12. Sign Memorandum of Understanding with National QI Team for the use of Schwartz Rounds license.
13. Contact the Point of Care Foundation to schedule an online learning session with your Steering Group members.
14. Book and pay for online training with the Point of Care Foundation (Schwartz Rounds Clinical Lead and Facilitators)
15. Make contact with the mentor nominated to set up Schwartz Rounds in your organisation (Mentor's contacts)
16. Hold monthly Schwartz Rounds Steering Group meetings to plan Schwartz Rounds schedules, themes and panelists.
17. Celebrate and share success of Schwartz Rounds
Back to Schwartz Rounds Home Page