The Public Health and Community Nursing service provides a professional nursing service to before birth up to end of life. It is a diverse service provided by PHNs and Community RGNs.
Service provision includes:
- Antenatal and postnatal care and advice
- Family and child health service
- Provision and support up to school age relating to Child Development / screening / nutrition / sleep / behaviour / enuresis / immunisation / child protection
- School Health service provision to include vision and hearing screening and the delivery of the Immunisation programme
- Professional Clinical Nursing Service
- To all patients requiring care with health needs that are acute or chronic in nature, patients with a disability diagnosis and patients in situation of vulnerability for example isolation and loneliness