To facilitate & support ICT systems which align with the Business processes of the hospital. To support all users who use these systems as part of their role in the organisation.
- Provide Information Systems to assist staff in their role in both clinical and non-clinical areas.
- Maintain and expand the network, to allow information from all data systems in the hospital to be access as authorised.
- Maintain Performance on Servers through routine housekeeping procedures
- Perform Backup and recovery procedures
- Comply with Data Protection ensuring data integrity through security measures.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for accessing systems.
- Provide Routine and ad hoc reporting as required.
- Train staff in the use of Clinical and non clinical applications.
- To provide quality support to staff through a help desk facility.
- Repairs to hardware at local level where possible or through maintenance contracts in place with outside vendors.
- Provide preventative maintenance for Hardware / software through regular updates
- Procure ICT equipment in line with Public Procurement Procedures and as budget is available.
- Advise Department Managers on ICT systems to facilitate business process improvements in service.
- Project Manage the introduction of new systems, in line with agreed project Methodology
You can contact the National Service Desk on 0818 300 300; from 9:00 to 17:00hrs Monday to Friday.