Public health and ambulance services

Ambulance services

The National Ambulance Service and the Northern Ireland Ambulance Service work together in border areas. They provide support to each other for emergency and urgent calls.

Both services will keep working together to make sure this continues.

You can continue to dial 112 or 999 in the case of an emergency.

Public health emergency

If a public health emergency happens, such as a flu pandemic, Ireland and the UK will still work together. They will do this through International Health Regulations.

National vaccination programmes

Routine vaccines used in our national vaccination programmes do not come through the UK.

These programmes will continue as normal and include:

  • Primary Childhood Immunisation Programme
  • School Immunisation Programme
  • Seasonal Influenza Programme

Enough stock is available to continue these programmes if unplanned delays happen.

More information

Email any HSE-related Brexit questions to