The Health Service Executive (HSE) Tobacco Free Ireland Programme is seeking your feedback on this draft National Clinical Guideline as part of a formal consultation process in preparation for submission of this draft guideline to the National Clinical Effectiveness Committee, National Patient Safety Office, Department of Health for ministerial endorsement.
Further information on the NCEC and National Clinical Guidelines is available from the following link: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/90221b-clinical-effectiveness/
About this guideline
Population to whom the guideline applies
This guideline applies to the general adult population (aged 18+ years) in Ireland in contact with health services who are current smokers. The scope includes health services operated and funded by the HSE but the guidelines can also be adopted by other health services; the scope includes community-based primary care services as well as hospital-based secondary and tertiary care services. Particular attention is given to pregnant women (all ages), and persons with severe and enduring mental health problems (aged 18+ years) who access secondary care services.
This guideline does not apply to population-based tobacco control measures to prevent smoking initiation and/or promote quitting (e.g. legislation, taxation, mass media campaigns, etc.).
Intended users of the guideline
This National Clinical Guideline is prepared primarily for all healthcare professionals working in HSE operated and funded health and social care settings, including primary care settings, secondary care settings, and community care settings in Ireland. The guideline is also relevant to healthcare planners and managers. The guideline may also be used by healthcare professionals in other settings and by members of the public.
How to submit your feedback
- You can submit your feedback online using this form.
- You are required to sign a ‘Declaration of Interest’ form as part of your submission, in order for the Guideline Development Group to consider your feedback.
- Please review the draft guideline and include any feedback or suggested changes you may have in the relevant section.
- All suggested changes must be accompanied by a full reference to the evidence for the suggested change. The Guideline Development Group (GDG) cannot consider any suggested changes without the relevant evidence.
- The GDG will consider all feedback, and decide whether or not to use it in the development of the final guideline.
The closing date for this consultation and receipt of feedback is 5pm on Friday 6 November 2020.
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback.
Declaration of Interest Form
This must be completed by anyone who wishes to submit feedback on the following document.
As a Party to the World Health Organisations’ Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC), these guidelines which will support the implementation of the WHO FCTC in Ireland and are therefore protected from interference by those with commercial and other vested interests of the tobacco industry. Submissions from these groups or organisations funded by these groups will not be accepted.