Referring to Primary Care Psychology

How to make a referral

How do I make a referral?

Your GP or other health professional may suggest you talk to a psychologist about your difficulties (adult referral), or that of your child (child/adolescent referral).

We accept self-referrals, as well as those from GPs, allied health professionals, and schools.

If you have been linked in with mental health services in the past, please discuss the referral with them or your GP first to see which Service is best to meet your needs right now.

Referrals should be sent to:

Central Referrals Office, 
Ballymun Civic Centre, 
Dublin 9

or email

For details of current services contact:

Psychology Secretary, 1st floor, Ballymun Civic Centre, Ballymun, Dublin 9 
Tel: 01-8467000

Download our referral information sheet