It is estimated that one in four of us will experience some mental health problems in our lifetime, from a low period, to more serious depression, to a small number who will experience severe mental health problems. If you feel persistently sad, have trouble sleeping or experience unexplained aches and pains, you should visit your GP for advice. Most people are treated by the GP alone, unless more support, for example, therapy services or referral to Mental Health Services is required, in which case you may be referred to some of the following services.
Mental Health Services, Sligo/Leitrim and West Cavan, Ballytivnan, Sligo
Acute Inpatient Service 071 911 4300
Child & Family Mental Health Service (children & adolescents under 18 years) 071 911 3960
Mental Health Service Sligo/Leitrim 071 911 4300
St. John's Hospital Campus, Sligo 071 914 7286
Mental Health Day Hospital, Markievicz House, Sligo (071) 915 5120
Mental Health ID, Sligo 071 914 3622
Tubbercurry Health Centre 071 918 5967
Ballymote Day Centre, The Rock, Ballymote, Co. Sligo 071 918 3002
Easkey Health Centre, Easkey, Sligo 096 49022
Arus Breffni Centre, Manorhamilton, Co. Leitrim 071 985 5327
Mental Health Care Centre, Carrick on Shannon, Co. Leitrim 071 9321500
Psychiatry of Later Life Service, Liscarney House, Sligo 071 919 2200
Linden House, Keash Road, Ballymote, Co. Sligo 071 918 3757
Benbulben Lodge, Cashelgarron, Co. Sligo 071 916 3003
Castlecourt, Cliffoney, Co. Sligo 071 917 6691
Bereavement Counselling Service, Sligo/Leitrim and West Cavan
Primary Care Centre
Tel: 071 9155108 Email: patricia.hannonBC@hse.ie
Sligo/Leitrim and West Cavan Mental Health Pharmacy Services
Sligo Leitrim Mental Health Pharmacy services exists to proactively support staff, service users and carers in achieving safe and effective medicines management, optimising the use of medicines by providing a high quality and friendly service.
We do this by providing:
Accurate and independent information and education about medicines to other healthcare professionals, service users. We do not provide a service for carers
Clinical and dispensing activities to facilitate the management of medicines by service users within inpatient and community teams
Support to ensure that medicines management resources are used cost effectively within Sligo Leitrim Mental Health Service
We have a pharmacy in Sligo Regional Hospital with specialist pharmacists and technicians.
If you would like helping to make a decision about a treatment, mainly medication check out www.choiceandmedication.org/sligo/
The website is structured into two main strands:
- We have included over 150 medicines used in mental health, each with at least 30 questions and answers
- Each of the medicines has links to the conditions it can be used for
- The medicines are all listed as their "Approved name" i.e. the name of the actual medicine itself. The approved name is the same all over the world. You may know the medicine by one of its trade names. Trade names may be different in different countries e.g. sertraline is an approved name of an SSRI, and its trade name in UK is Lustral®.
- There are 21 or so conditions, each with at least 14 questions and answers.
- Each of the conditions has links to the medicines mentioned.
- Most of the links will open in a "New window", which means that you shouldn't get too lost.