(For families whose local health centre is one of the following;
Dun Laoghaire, Sallynoggin, Cabinteely, Loughlinstown, Dalkey, Stillorgan, Blackrock or Shankill)
Speech & Language Therapists (SLTs) provide assessment, diagnosis & therapy for children with a wide range of communication difficulties.
Who do we see?
We have a general community paediatric caseload (0 - 18 yrs.):
- Children residing in PCCC catchment area
- Children with Primary Speech &/or Language Difficulties
- Children with communication difficulties which are secondary to a more significant primary difficulty are referred to a more appropriate service where their ongoing &/or complex needs are better met by multi-disciplinary team
What type of communication difficulties do we work with?
We see children presenting with:
- Language Delay/Disorder
- Both comprehension and/or expressive language difficulties
- Speech Sound Difficulties
- Dysfluency (e.g.: stammer)
- Speech and Language difficulties arising from hearing impairment
- Cleft Palate
- Voice disorders (Referral to ENT may be advised)
- Specific Language Impairment
- Mild General Learning Disability
- Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder attending mainstream classes in mainstream schools
Clients appropriate to other services:
The following clients should be referred to other specialised services:
- Children with Communication Difficulties as secondary to more significant difficulty (e.g.: Learning Disability, ASD, Physical Behavioural or Attention Difficulties, etc)
- Adults: St. Colmcille's Hospital SLT Dept. provides Outreach Service
What is our Referral Policy?
We operate an open Referral Policy
Parental consent is required
Referrals Accepted from:
- Primary Care Team members (e.g.: GP, PHN, Psychology)
- Teachers with parental consent
- Private SLTs, Psychologists, Occupational Therapists etc
- Referrals accepted by Fax, Post or E-mail
- Parents may also refer child over the phone
- PCCC referral form suitable
Where to send a Referral?
Send by Post or Fax to:
Aoife Byrne (Principal SLT),
Speech & Language Dept.,
Loughlinstown Health Centre,
Fax No: 282 1594
Alternatively, you may contact Aoife Byrne by Telephone: 01 282 2122