Connecting for Life - Sligo and Leitrim
Call for applications for funding 2023
The HSE National Office for Suicide Prevention (NOSP) and HSE Sligo/Leitrim Mental Health Service are seeking applications for once off funding of a minimum of €5,000 and a maximum of €10,000. This is for local community and voluntary groups to support initiatives to reach at risk/vulnerable groups in relation to improving their mental health and wellbeing, and reducing the risk of suicide and self-harm.
- Download the application guidelines
- Download the application form
- Email email@example.com for further information
Closing date for receipt of applications is Wednesday 31st May 2023.
Launch of Community Healthcare Cavan, Donegal, Leitrim, Monaghan, Sligo Connecting for Life Implementation plan 2022 – 2024
The launch of Community Healthcare Cavan, Donegal, Leitrim, Monaghan, Sligo Connecting for Life Implementation Plan 2022 – 2024 took place on Friday the 16th of December coinciding with the official opening of the Adult Mental Health Unit Sligo. Frank Feighan T.D ., Minister of State for Public Health, Wellbeing & the National Drugs Strategy officially opened the Adult Mental Health Unit Sligo.
John Meehan, Director of the National Office Suicide Prevention officially launched the Implementation Plan and stated “The extension of this local Suicide Prevention Action Plan is strongly aligned to the national Connecting for Life strategy, and is based on learning from previous experience of implementing the first cycle of Connecting for Life in the counties of Cavan, Donegal, Leitrim, Monaghan and Sligo.”
The plan articulates local implementation of national actions, and commits to actions that respond to particular local needs, strengths and challenges across the five counties. This plan recognises the role that the wider community can play in supporting individuals and families, continues efforts to raise awareness of when and how to seek help and promotes hope, connectedness and quality services. He concluded by adding “Community Healthcare Cavan, Donegal, Leitrim, Monaghan, Sligo CFL Implementation plan 2022 – 2024 represents the commitment of all stakeholders to working together to continue to meet these challenges and take meaningful steps to reduce suicide and self-harm in this area.”
Suicide prevention is everyone’s business and that ‘whole of society approach’ was evident across the CH01 with over 1,500 people engaging in suicide prevention training in 2022. Suicide prevention training is available to all individuals over 18.
SafeTALK, ASIST, Understanding Self Harm, Suicide Bereavement and STORM are all suicide prevention trainings available within the CHO1.
- Please contact your local Resource Officer for Suicide Prevention for more information regarding the above training or to see the schedule & booking please go to: https://cflsligoleitrim.bookwhen.com
- Please contact Donal Gallagher (Resource Officer for Suicide Prevention Sligo/Leitrim) at firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries regarding the Extension Plan or to obtain a hardcopy.
- Connecting for Life, Community Healthcare Cavan, Donegal, Leitrim, Monaghan and Sligo Suicide Prevention Implementation Plan 2022–2024