The role of the HSE's National Office for Suicide Prevention (NOSP) is to effectively support, inform, monitor and co-ordinate the implementation of Connecting for Life. Visit www.connectingforlifeireland.ie for information on the strategy and its progress.
What we do
- Co-ordinate the implementation of the strategy.
- Track and monitor the implementation and outcomes of the strategy to support evidence based approaches.
- Provide an advisory function and oversee quality assurance frameworks on suicide prevention practice.
- Undertake and commission research and evaluation.
- Ensure effective communication on suicide prevention to the agencies responsible for implementation of the strategy, and the public.
- Share, with target audiences, the learning emerging from the implementation of the strategy.
- Co-ordinate media monitoring activity and stigma reduction campaigns.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of the National Training and Education Strategy.
- Commission the provision of services and supports.
How we work
To achieve the outcomes of Connecting for Life, the NOSP works with the broad range of statutory, non-statutory and community partners engaged in suicide prevention.
This includes providing suicide prevention expertise and monitoring of the strategy to the National Cross Sectoral Steering and Implementation Group. The National Cross Sectoral Steering Group has responsibility for senior leadership and accountability for the strategy and report to the Cabinet Committee on Social Policy and Public Service Reform.
As part of the HSE National Mental Health Division, the NOSP relies on strong working relationships within the health services and works closely with the internal HSE Connecting for Life Implementation Group.
- Phone: 01-6201670 (for office enquiries only)
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: National Office for Suicide Prevention, Stewart's Hospital, Mill Lane, Palmerstown, Dublin 20
Note: that if you are in crisis or in need of support, you should contact a relevant mental health support service, or in an emergency, get urgent help.