HBS Estates and sustainable buildings
Sustainable design, construction and operation of our buildings can:
- reduce negative impacts on the environment
- improve the health and comfort for building occupants
We have a responsibility and legal requirement to reduce the environmental impact of our buildings. This includes creating staff awareness to help us do this.
HBS Estates ensures our healthcare facilities and buildings are sustainable. This relates to design and operation.
This is achieved by:
- ensuring the development of sustainable facilities and buildings in both design and operation
- upgrading existing buildings to improve energy efficiency and sustainability
- using fuel-efficient technologies and smart energy management systems
- developing innovative ways of improving the sustainability of healthcare estates
- providing technical support and advice to services
- providing staff energy awareness advice and training to services
The Estates Energy Bureau has energy managers in each of the 4 estates regional areas. These cover Dublin Mid Leinster, Dublin North East, West and South.