EHS export certificates

When importing foods from Ireland, EU and third countries (countries outside of the EU) establish their own requirements for incoming products from Ireland and the EU.

For certain foods of non-animal origin, the National Export Office will issue export certificates. These certify that food consignments meet a specific set of standards outlined on the certificate. This is subject to the verification of product compliance.

Export certificates are not required when products are distributed within the EU. For questions about export certificates, contact the HSE’s National Export Office at

Apply for export certificates

Register an account and apply for an export certificate online.
Only applications from businesses notified as a food business to the HSE can apply.

How to apply for an export certificate for food of non-animal origin.