Intellectual, Physical and Sensory Disability Services are delivered directly and in partnership with a wide range of voluntary service providers.
The services are provided under the headings of Intellectual Disability services and Physical & Sensory Disability services.
Intellectual Disability Organisations
Aras Attracta- HSE
Aras Attracta Centre, Swinford, Co. Mayo
Tel: (094) 925 1900
Western Care Voluntary Organisation
Wester Care Association, John Moore Rd,Castlebar Co.Mayo (www.westerncare.com) 094 9025133
- Community based services.
- Services based on area structures.
- Combination of children and adult services.
Physical and Sensory Disability
- Therapy services - Physiotherapy, Speech and Language, Occupational Therapy - HSE (094) 9022333
- Irish Wheelchair Association - Day Services, Personal Assistant Services - 094 90
- Enable Ireland - services for Children with Disability - 094 90 60234
- Cheshire Ireland - Residential/Respite services adults - 094 9384143
- Mayo Centre for Independent Living - Personal Assistant Services - 094 9034980
- National Association for the Deaf - support/advice and equipment - 091 564871
- National Council for the Blind of Ireland - support/ advice and equipment - 091 564926
- Work Web West - supported employment services - 094 9043008
- Citizens Information Centres
- Mayo Disability Advocate -094 9025544
- Case Manager/Liasion Officer under Disability Act-HSE - St Mary’s Headquarters, Mayo PCCC , Castlebar Co. Mayo-094 9049116
- Assessment Officer – under Disability Act-HSE- St Mary’s Headquarters, Mayo PCCC , Castlebar Co.Mayo 094 9049109
- Disability Services Manager - Breda Garvey - St Mary’s Headquarters, Mayo PCCC , Castlebar Co.Mayo 0949042243
Disability Act 2005
The Disability Act 2005 is currently being implemented for children under 5, it entitles one to apply for an Independent Assessment of Need and to a Service Statement.
Apply to Assessment Officer, Training Centre HSE, Mercy Road, Ballina, Co. Mayo
Tel: 096 80415