- HSE Sing for Wellbeing Concert -save the date October 20th 2019 Athlone Institute of Technology - further information will follow. Interested in setting up a HSE Choir? Click on the following link: How to Set up a Choir for HSE Staff
- The newly revised Know Your Numbers wallet sized cards are now available for order through www.healthpromotion.ie. Log-in as a health professional and search under 'General' category.
- This month saw the launch and publication of the final Healthy Ireland Implementation Plan for all nine Community Healthcare Organisations. Community Healthcare East launched their Healthy Ireland plan in Bray Co. Wicklow attended by Minister for Health, Simon Harris and the National Director of Strategic Planning and Transformation, Dr. Stephanie O'Keeffe.
- Dr. Stephanie O'Keeffe, National Director of Strategic Planning and Transformation launches Healthy Ireland at your HSE library.
- Healthy Ireland in the HSE supports this years 'Steps to Health Challenge' for all employees, encouraging staff to sign-up to improve overall health and wellbeing.
- Healthy Ireland in the HSE continues to support the National Healthy Ireland summer campaign 'Get in the Know with Joe' launched by An Taoiseach Leo Varadkar on April 8th 2019.
- Healthy Ireland in the HSE attended the Healthy Workplace seminar hosted by the Department of Health as part of the forthcoming Healthy Workplace Framework.
- The HSE' Healthy Ireland programme exhibits at this year National Patient Experience Conference 2019 with many visiting the stand to receive more information on Ireland' recent Health Trends. The recently printed Healthy Ireland 'Know Your Numbers' cards also proved extremely popular on the day.
- A new Healthy Ireland wallet card showing key numbers for Cholesterol, Blood pressure, BMI, Waist Measurement and more was launched by Minister for State, Catherine Byrne TD, along with the National Director for Strategic Planning and Transformation, Dr. Stephanie O'Keeffe. While this card was produced initially for staff it has already been identified as a good source of information for everyone as a constant reminder of the importance of these key numbers.
- The South East Community Healthcare started off the year on a good footing with the launch of their Healthy Ireland Implementation Plan 2019-2022, launched by Minister Catherine Byrne TD in Kilkenny on Thursday 10th January 2019. To download the report click here.
- As you step into the New Year and are thinking about fresh resolutions, remember Healthy Ireland is again joining up with RTE’s Operation Transformation (OT) television programme for 2019. Many groups of HSE staff have taken part in Operation Transformation over the past few years and our involvement continues to grow each year. In fact, one of the OT leaders in the upcoming series is Cathal Gallagher, Paramedic with the HSE National Ambulance Service. Cathal is based in Ballyshannon Ambulance Station. We wish Cathal the very best of good luck. Why not, show your support for Cathal and begin your own health and wellbeing journey and organise or join an Operation Transformation Group in your workplace.