- The HSE's National Healthy Ireland Office hosted an Information stand in Dr. Steevens Hospital this month, displaying an array of health promoting literature relevant to healthy lifestyle behaviours. Key information was given out in distributing the 'Know Your Numbers' card with many staff submitting new ideas into the suggestion box for staff health and wellbeing initiatives for 2020.
- Choirs in the workplace are just one of many ways that HSE staff have engaged in activities to promote and maintain their own health and wellbeing. Eight HSE staff choirs from across the country performed at this years HSE Sing for Wellbeing Concert in Athlone, HSE staff and their families attended what was deemed a wonderful afternoon of choral singing affording many health and wellbeing benefits to all involved.
- The Big Red Bus:'Stop the Clot' Roadshow 2019 visited 'Our Ladys Hospital Navan' as well as many other Hospitals and communities as part of 'Ireland East Hospital Group' and 'Thrombosis Ireland' campaign to raise awareness on the risks, signs and how to act fast if you suspect a blood clot.
- A wide range of HSE support teams provided practical tips and information on how to improve ones health and wellbeing at this years Ploughing Championships; exhibits from the HSE included topical areas such as Cancer control, Health screening, Healthy eating and active living, Skin cancer & Sun protection; Peripheral Artery Disease; The HSE' QUIT campaign, Sepsis, and Mental health. The HSE showcased their exhibits in the Health and Wellbeing tent located in the Government of Ireland Village.
- HSE Sing for Wellbeing Concert -save the date October 20th 2019 Athlone Institute of Technology - further information will follow. Interested in setting up a HSE Choir? Click on the following link: How to Set up a Choir for HSE Staff
- The newly revised Know Your Numbers wallet sized cards are now available for order through www.healthpromotion.ie. Log-in as a health professional and search under 'General' category.
- This month saw the launch and publication of the final Healthy Ireland Implementation Plan for all nine Community Healthcare Organisations. Community Healthcare East launched their Healthy Ireland plan in Bray Co. Wicklow attended by Minister for Health, Simon Harris and the National Director of Strategic Planning and Transformation, Dr. Stephanie O'Keeffe.
- Dr. Stephanie O'Keeffe, National Director of Strategic Planning and Transformation launches Healthy Ireland at your HSE library.
- Healthy Ireland in the HSE supports this years 'Steps to Health Challenge' for all employees, encouraging staff to sign-up to improve overall health and wellbeing.
- Healthy Ireland in the HSE continues to support the National Healthy Ireland summer campaign 'Get in the Know with Joe' launched by An Taoiseach Leo Varadkar on April 8th 2019.
- Healthy Ireland in the HSE attended the Healthy Workplace seminar hosted by the Department of Health as part of the forthcoming Healthy Workplace Framework.
- The HSE' Healthy Ireland programme exhibits at this year National Patient Experience Conference 2019 with many visiting the stand to receive more information on Ireland' recent Health Trends. The recently printed Healthy Ireland 'Know Your Numbers' cards also proved extremely popular on the day.
- A new Healthy Ireland wallet card showing key numbers for Cholesterol, Blood pressure, BMI, Waist Measurement and more was launched by Minister for State, Catherine Byrne TD, along with the National Director for Strategic Planning and Transformation, Dr. Stephanie O'Keeffe. While this card was produced initially for staff it has already been identified as a good source of information for everyone as a constant reminder of the importance of these key numbers.
- The South East Community Healthcare started off the year on a good footing with the launch of their Healthy Ireland Implementation Plan 2019-2022, launched by Minister Catherine Byrne TD in Kilkenny on Thursday 10th January 2019. To download the report click here.
- As you step into the New Year and are thinking about fresh resolutions, remember Healthy Ireland is again joining up with RTE’s Operation Transformation (OT) television programme for 2019. Many groups of HSE staff have taken part in Operation Transformation over the past few years and our involvement continues to grow each year. In fact, one of the OT leaders in the upcoming series is Cathal Gallagher, Paramedic with the HSE National Ambulance Service. Cathal is based in Ballyshannon Ambulance Station. We wish Cathal the very best of good luck. Why not, show your support for Cathal and begin your own health and wellbeing journey and organise or join an Operation Transformation Group in your workplace.