Population Health Information
Area Profiles are Census 2011 factsheets which have been produced for a selection of different geographical areas. They are available for counties and administrative counties, 43 Dáil Constituencies (2007), 40 Dáil Constituencies (2013) and for 272 cities and towns with a population of 1,000 and over.
This report contains the census results for the State as a whole, covering the following topics: employment, occupation, education and skills, and health related questions.
Health Intelligence Ireland
Health Intelligence Ireland exploits the potential of integrating geographical information system technologies, health datasets (census, HIPE, mortality etc) and statistical computations in a web-enabled and open source environment. It will provide role-based access to “health mapping” across the sector in support of service planning, epidemiology, emergency responding and research.
A public interface for infectious diseases is also planned. Following a restricted EU tendering process, the system development is being led by the HSE in partnership with UCD and NUI Maynooth. Seed funding was provided by the HRB and the HPSC (Health Protection Surveillance Cente), HSE.
Health, Disability and Caring - Central Statistics Office (CSO)
- CDS30. Population in each province, county and city, classified by general health and age group
- CDS31. Population usually resident and present in the State on Census Night, classified by general health and social class
- CDS22. Disabled persons as a percentage of total population by age group
- CDS23. Disabled persons aged 15 years and over classified by principal economic status and age group
- CDS24. Population providing unpaid personal help for a friend or family member with a long-term illness, health problem or disability, by the number of hours per week and age group
- CDS25. Carers as a percentage of total population in each Province, County and City, classified by age group