Welcome to the Staff Engagement section of our website
Do you ask staff what their suggestions for improvement are? How do you create opportunities for staff to develop solutions to challenges they face daily?
We believe passionately in the knowledge, creativity and commitment of staff. We also believe that because staff have a unique insight into the challenges of their services, they are often best placed to develop practical and sustainable solutions with patients and service users.
If you are interested in the welfare and experience of your service users and staff, in improving clinical outcomes or productivity and cost management, then staff engagement is critical. International research tells us that staff engagement is essential part of improving quality. It is a key driver on the Framework for Improving Quality in our Health Service and is intrinsically linked to the other drivers.
To get started you might find "A practical toolkit - Leadership Skills for Engaging Staff in Improving Quality " helpful. Please click image to access same.
Schwartz Rounds Independent Evaluation
To read the independent report from Trinity College Dublin on the introduction of Schwartz Rounds in Ireland, please click:
The staff engagement section of our website will assist you as you further develop your staff engagement skills. Click on any of the boxes below for more information…
How can we help?
The Staff Engagement Improving Programme works:
- to support leaders to further develop their skills for staff engagement,
- provide guidance on the design of staff engagement interventions as part of your work to improve quality improvement
- partners with services to develop and test methodologies which value the staff voice and encourage creative problem solving for quality improvement, and
We hope our website will be helpful! Also we would love to hear from you if you have any ideas you would like to share with us or you are interested in learning more about ways to engage staff to improve quality.
Best of luck in all your work. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries!
- Maureen Flynn, Quality Improvement Team Lead Governance and Staff Engagement for Quality | 01 635 2344
- Juanita Guidera, Quality Improvement Team Lead Staff Engagement | 087 064 23 08
- Lisa Toland, Quality Improvement Team Microsystems Facilitator | 076 6956946
- Noemi Palacios, Quality Improvement Team Administrator | 01 8131808
Follow us on twitter for more ideas:
#engaginghealthstaff #SchwartzRounds #LiberatingStructures #culturalchange
Pictured here are staff in University Hospital Kerry celebrating their success using Front Line Ownership. For more information click on Developing your engagement skills and see our section on FLO!
For more information click on Top Tips for getting started and see our section on Stories, Resources and Evidence to inspire!
People Caring with People - Engage Listen Inspire Act Share
Creating an organisation where together we have the potential and power to make a positive difference