Guidance for Publicans or Club owners on applying for or renewing a Liquor License

Since November 2022, an applicant for a licence under the Licensing Acts or Registration of Clubs Acts must notify the HSE Environmental Health Service in writing, one month before applying for a new licence, or renewing an existing licence. This is required under Section 4 of the Public Health (Alcohol) Act 2018.

This allows a representative from the HSE’s Environmental Health Service to appear in Court, be heard and give evidence in respect of the application at the hearing. 

What do you need to do?

Email or post your notification to your local Principal Environmental Health Officer. The contact details for your local Environmental Health Office are here:

You do not need correspondence from the HSE to progress your application and will not receive an acknowledgement.