The New Directions National Implementation Group have agreed to progress the implementation of the Interim Standards using a continuous quality improvement approach.
The Implementation of the Interim Standards will involve Self Evaluation in the first instance. The purpose of Self Evaluation is to explore and reflect with all stakeholders (people using the service, staff and management) and to report on the effectiveness and quality of the supports being provided under New Directions.
Evaluation, Action and Service Improvement (EASI)
EASI is a Self Evaluation process by each service location provider and is a fundamental part of continuous quality improvement process and key to the delivery of the New Directions policy. The aim of the EASI process is to produce a constructive report which will help each service location provider to maintain and improve the quality of its services and supports under New Directions. For details on HSE funded Adult Disability Day Service Locations by Community Healthcare Organisation click here
Review of EASI Process Report
The Review of Evaluation Action and Service Improvement (EASI) Report contains the information captured at review meetings in each CHO and will further inform the process for the roll out of the remaining Interim Standard's Themes both locally and nationally. The review meetings were held in October and November 2018.
- An Interim Standards Subgroup representative of all day service providers within each CHO has been established.
- Each HSE funded adult day service location are completing Theme 1 Steps 1 and 2 and Actions at Step 3 of the EASI process.
- Progress has been reviewed on the implementation of the EASI process with all CHO areas.
- Action Plans are being progressed and updated on a regular basis.
- Step 4 - Review - to be completed by all service locations is May 2019.
- The EASI process will extend to the remaining six themes in the Interim Standards over a two year period.
Review of Evaluation Action and Service Improvement (EASI) Report
Interim Standards for New Directions Report.
Easy to Read Interim Standards for New Directions, Services and Supports for Adults with Disabilities
Workbook One Guidelines for EASI - Theme 1
Workbook One - EASI Tool - Theme 1
Easy to Read Workbook One Guidelines for EASI - Theme 1
Workbook One - EASI Tool - Excel Support Document
Alignment of the New Directions 12 Supports with the Interim Standards
Alignment of National Outcomes Framework for Disability Services with the Interim Standards New Directions
Theme 1 Standards and Features
Theme 2 Standards and Features
Theme 3 Standards and Features
Theme 4 Standards and Features
Theme 5 Standards and Features
Theme 6 Standards and Features
Theme 7 Standards and Features