The National Immunisation Office is responsible for managing vaccine procurement and distribution, developing training and communication materials for the public and health professionals of all National Immunisation Programmes in line with Department of Health Immunisation Policy.
All information on Immunisation is evidence based and reviewed by a panel of immunisation experts from Royal College of Physicians of Ireland National Immunisation Advisory Committee to ensure it is scientifically accurate and is based on the Immunisation Guidelines for Ireland. The information on these pages is monitored and updated by a team of public health doctors who are members of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland National Immunisation Advisory Committee and staff from the National Immunisation Office.
All those involved in the content of this site are employed by the HSE and do not receive funding from any external source.
The National Immunisation Office website was assessed by the World Health Organization (WHO) and passed their 'credibility and good information practices criteria'. It is included in the WHO's list of vaccine safety websites.
The National Immunisation Office is entirely government funded and receives no funding from any external commercial source.
Immunisations are second only to clean water as the most cost effective health intervention saving millions of lives world wide each year.
The National Immunisation Office mission is to
- manage vaccine procurement and distribution
- develop training and communication materials for the public and health professionals
- support SIS and progressing NIIS
for all publically funded immunisation programmes in line with Department of Health Immunisation Policy.
National Immunisation Office Staff:
- Dr Lucy Jessop, MB BChir Camb. Director of the National Immunisation Office is a Director of Public Health and is responsible for the coordination of all national immunisation programmes
- Dr Chantal Migone MB, MRCGP, MPH, MFPHMI. Specialist in Public Health Medicine is responsible for providing clinical advice and guidance to immunisation programmes and supports the coordination of national immunisation programmes
- Dr Tom Barrett, MB Dch MRCOG. Senior Medical Officer is responsible for the development of protocols and guidelines for the schools immunisation programme
- Mr Muthu Saba, Assistant Director of Nursing
- Dr Aparna Keegan, MBChB, MSc (Global Health), MFPH. Specialist in Public Health Medicine is responsible for providing clinical advice and guidance to immunisation programmes and supports the coordination of national immunisation programmes
- Dr Niamh Bambury, Specialist Registrar in Public Health Medicine.
- Dr Eimear Hayes, MB BCh MSc MRCPI. Senior Medical Officer.
- Dr Alice Quinn, Senior Medical Officer
- Mr Séamus Leonard, MScHI HDipDA RGN Project Manager for National Immunisation Information Systems.
- Ms Vicky McKenna, National Administrator for the Schools Immunisation System (SIS)
- Ms Aishwarya Vivek Kumar, ICT System Support for the National Immunisation Office
- Ms Abigail Carthy Walsh, MSc., MA In Public health responsible for ICT Administrative support to the National Immunisation Office
- Ms Cliona Kiersey, BSc Pharm MPSI MSc (Pharm Med). Chief Pharmacist is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the National Cold Chain Delivery Service including vaccine procurement and contract management
- Ms Mariangela Toma, MPharm, PGDip, DipHcMangt, MPSI. Chief II Pharmacist
- Mr Achal Gupta, B Pharm MPSI, MSc Healthcare Management. Chief II Pharmacist
- Ms Yvonne Morrissey, BSc, Communications Manager is responsible for developing campaign materials and for maintaining the immunisation websites www.immunisation.ie and www.hpv.ie
- Ms Emma Allen, Communications Officer supports the Communications Manager in the development of communications materials and manages NIO social media channels
- Ms Cria Dowling, Communications Officer supports the Communications Manager in the development of communications materials and manages NIO social media channels.
- Ms Mary Dowling, Business Manager is responsible for overseeing all business and financial aspects of the National Immunisation Office
- Mr Peter Darcy, Information Officer is responsible for managing the distribution of immunisation information materials for members of the public and health professionals
The information accessible through The Immunisation Website has been compiled from many sources that are not all controlled by the National Immunisation Office. While all reasonable care has been taken in the compilation and publication of the contents of this web site, the National Immunisation Office makes no representations or warranties, whether express or implied, as to the accuracy or suitability of the information or materials contained in this resource.
Access to and use of the information herein is entirely at the risk of the user. The National Immunisation Office shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, to the user or any other third party for any damage resulting from the use of the information contained or implied in the HSE Website.
The National Immunisation Office does not assume legal or other liability for any inaccuracy, mistake, mis-statement or any other error of whatsoever nature contained herein. The National Immunisation Office hereby formally disclaims liability in respect of such aforesaid matters.
The information contained within this site is of a condensed and general informational nature only and can change from time to time. It should not, by itself, be relied upon in determining legal rights or other decisions. Visitors to the site are advised to verify, by direct and live contact with the National Immunisation Office, any information on which they may wish to rely.
The National Immunisation Office has endeavoured to attribute copyright or other intellectual rights to the rightful owners where such course has been appropriate. Where any attribution has been missed or overlooked the National Immunisation Office, on being informed, will correct this omission.
By proceeding into the Immunisation Website you are accepting this disclaimer.
This page was updated on 17 May 2022