Frequently Asked Questions
Below are the answers to questions that you might have about the Best Practice Guidance for Mental Health Services.
- Creates a basis for improving the quality and safety of mental health services in line with legislation, regulation, rules, codes of practice and best practice.
- Can be used by service users to understand what high quality and safe mental health services look like.
- Can be used in day to day practice by staff to encourage a consistent level of quality and safety across all services.
- Gives a voice to the service user and encourages collaboration.
- Seeks to involve service users, family and carers in assessing the quality of the mental health services.
- One Consultant Psychiatrist
- One Service user or carer or family member
- One Senior Nurse Manager
- Two to four Health & Social Care Professionals – depending on the service
- One Site Manager (CNM 2 / CNM 3 / Team Coordinator)
- One Management / administration staff member