Skilled communication with a trusted healthcare professional has been shown to increase acceptance of vaccines and is a key evidence-based intervention to address vaccine hesitancy.
Communicating about COVID-19 vaccines in pregnancy
This video has been recorded by Dr Chantal Migone, Specialist in Public Health Medicine, National Immunisation Office.
- The Institute of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists together with the Rotunda Hospital and the National Immunisation Advisory Committee, have also developed resources to support healthcare workers when communicating with pregnant women, which have been endorsed by the National Women and Infants Health programme. Visit the RCPI website.
- Advice on COVID-19 Vaccinations provided by NIAC to the Department of Health. Updated Recommendations for COVID-19 Vaccination in Pregnancy
- WHO resources on communicating with patients about COVID-19 vaccine. Visit https://bit.ly/WHOC19Comms
- Tips for communication with pregnant women who are hesitant about vaccines 10 November 2021
- Materials to support health professionals administering vaccines are also available from our website
- Videos in English, Russian/ русский, Spanish/ Español, 孕妇接种新冠疫苗 Mandarin, French/Français, Lithuanian/ Lietuvių, Polish/ Polski, Portuguese/Português and Arabic/العربية have been developed by HSE Social Inclusion and translateireland.ie to share the facts
- Amy Carroll, CPCM from St Lukes General Hospital, Kilkenny has created and A4 version and A3 version poster with QR codes to access these videos.
Download the 6 reasons to get COVID-19 Vaccine to display in your clinic - A3 Print version, Web ready version
Download the 6 reasons to get COVID-19 Vaccine social media graphics - Twitter - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and Instagram - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Download the COVID-19 vaccination in pregnancy slideset for training and education sessions
Fertility and Pregnancy
Watch this short video from Dr Chantal Migone, Specialist in Public Health Medicine from the HSE National Immunisation Office where she answers questions about COVID-19 vaccine and fertility and pregnancy
This video was developed to support the Travelling community but it can also be used for all other settings.
This video has also been translated into Portuguese and can be watched at https://youtu.be/s1Nyfk5PL2M
This page was updated on 23 December 2021