Services for Older People in Dublin North West

Hospitals and Homes for Older Persons
This is a list of the public nursing homes and long stay facilities in the area.  There are also a large number of private nursing homes registered with the HSE.  For a list of the registered private nursing homes in the area, call our Nursing Home Support Services, HSE Dublin North City & County, 1st Floor Civic Offices, Ballymun, Dublin 9, Tel 01 8467148 and Fax 01 8467503. You can also register any comments or complaints about a nursing home at this number.

Connolly Hospital, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 Tel: (01) 646 5000
St Mary’s Hospital, Phoenix Park, Dublin 20 Tel: (01) 625 0300
Cuan Ros Unit for the Elderly, Navan Road, Dublin 7 Tel: (01) 868 6012
St Clare’s Home, Ballymun, Dublin 9. Tel: (01) 837 3619
Seanchara Community Unit, St Canice’s Road, Dublin 11 Tel: (01) 837 3726
St Monica’s Home, Belvedere Place, Dublin 1 Tel: (01) 855 7523
Clarehaven, St Canice’s Road, Ballygall, Dublin 11 Tel: (01) 837 2409
Ashgrove House, Navan Road, Dublin 7 Tel: (01) 838 2277

Home Improvement Scheme
This is a scheme where an older person who need work done to their home but cannot meet the cost may apply to their local authority for a grant to pay for the work.

You can find your local authority's contact details on the Department of Planning Housing and Local Government website.

Home Help

The Home Help Service supports the assessed needs of vulnerable people in the community who through illness or disability are in need of help with day to day tasks. The focus of the Home Help service is on essential personal care such as washing or taking a shower, assistance with moving from one position to another, oral hygiene, or help at mealtime and/or with essential domestic duties ( like lighting a fire or bringing in fuel if there is no alternative heating source, or basic essential cleaning of the person’s personal space).

The particular supports provided to each person will depend on the needs that are identified during the assessment which is undertaken by a HSE health professional generally a public health nurse.

You can access this service through your Public Health Nurse or your local Health Centre.

Day Care Centres

HSE Odins Wood Day Care Centre for Older Persons
Kildonan Road
Finglas West
Ph 8142505

Nethercross Day Care Centre for Older Persons
Tolka Valley View
Finglas South
Dublin 11
Ph. 8041198