Laboratory contacts: Please contact the laboratory
The following applies to food complaint samples submitted by the Environmental Health Service:
Where possible samples should be kept in their original packaging/state.
Samples should be preserved from further contamination.
- Prior to submission samples should be booked into the laboratory. Specific details of tests available and requirements for individual samples can be given by phone.
- Samples should be transported to the laboratory as soon as possible after receipt. If there is to be any delay in despatch, samples should be preserved preferably by freezing or at least by refrigeration and transported in a refrigerated container.
- Where an allegation of a characteristic odour or taste from a foodstuff has been made, please provide as much information as possible on the nature of the odour or taste.
- For Food Poisoning Samples a minimum 200g of sample is required for complete analysis (analysis will be performed on smaller quantities if that is all that is available).
- Where appropriate a control sample of the same batch, or at least the same product, should be supplied. If in doubt please contact the laboratory.
- Please provide as much information as possible on the nature of the complaint and sample storage conditions.
Last updated 21/07/2017