- Visiting times are 2.30pm - 3.30pm and 6.30pm – 8pm daily. Two visitors per patient during each visiting period is permitted
- Visitors will be required to wear a surgical face mask for the duration of their visit and perform hand hygiene regularly
- Visitors will be required to remain within the patient bed space only and not interact with other visitors or patients during their visit
- Children under 12 years should only visit in exceptional circumstances and permission to visit requires prior approval by the Ward Manager
Current Visiting Guidelines by Ward / Unit
Covid Positive In-Patients
- Visiting will only by facilitated via Ward Manager in exceptional circumstances.
Medical & Surgical Wards
- On arrival at the hospital, visitors are required to check in at Security.
- There may be a requirement to control access to RHM in view of the evolving Public Health situation.
- Visiting is facilitated by arrangement with the Rehab Ward Manager.
- Nominated support partner can attend the Early Pregnancy Unit department when their partner is having their scan
- Nominated support partner can attend the 12 week scan
- Nominated support partner can attend the 20 week scan
- Nominated support partner can be with the mother through labour, birth or caesarean section
- Nominated support partner may visit the Ante-Natal and Post-Natal ward daily from 10am to 1pm and from 5pm to 8pm
- Rest period for mothers will continue to be in place from 1pm to 5pm
Special Care Baby Unit
- Parents are welcome to visit their baby in the Special Care Baby Unit. Mother can visit and partner is permitted to visit following arrangement with the Ward Manager.
- One parent, guardian or carer is supported to be with their child during the hospital admission.
- The accompanying person must not have symptoms of Covid-19, must not be a suspected or a confirmed case of Covid-19 and must not be subject to restricted movements for any other Public Health reason.
Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Visiting is facilitated by arrangement with the ICU Ward Manager or nurse in charge.
Critical & Compassionate Grounds
- On critical and compassionate grounds, further visits can be arranged through the relevant Ward Manager.
Consumer & Legal Affairs
Consumer & Legal Affairs Manager,
Regional Hospital Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
Tel no. 044 93 94143