Welcome to Eist Linn
Eist Linn is a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Inpatient Unit for young people aged 13 to 17 years of age. It consists of an inpatient unit and dedicated adjoined school.
At Eist Linn, all young people have their own ensuite room. Eist Linn is also a registered approved centre by the Mental Health Commission.
In this video, you can meet some of the staff and see what the various rooms and areas at Eist Linn look like
Eist Linn is part of the national Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) Service. The referral pathway is through the Community CAMHS team. Our catchment area includes the counties Cork, Kerry, Waterford, South Tippeary, Carlow, Kilkenny and Wexford.
Where at all possible young people should be treated at home. Accordingly young people are referred to Eist Linn by their Community CAMHS Team. We aim to support the young people and their families so that they can return home as soon as possible.
Eist Linn’s mission statement
- Our mission is to provide the highest quality care for young people who are experiencing severe mental health difficulties and their families
- At Eist Linn the young person and families’ needs are placed in everything we do
- Our name was chosen ( Eist Linn, meaning hear us) to reflect this value. Our approach is to work together in a way that is collaboratively and in partnership with young people and their families.
- We work collaboratively as a multidisciplinary team to establish a safe and therapeutic environment. As a team, we offer a wide range of therapeutic approaches and perspectives
- Eist Linn is registered by the Mental Health Commission as an Approved Centre, as defined by the Mental Health Act
- Eist Linn is also part of a peer review forum known as QNIC (Quality Network for Inpatient CAMHS)
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)