Who we are
- S.A.S.S.Y. is a HSE community service providing support to young people under 18 years of age, resident in Dublin North City and County for whom drug use or alcohol use is having a significant negative impact on their daily lives.
- Four Counsellors and one consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist provide individual counselling, cognitive therapy and psychiatric assessment.
- Each staff member has the experience and the qualifications to work with young people presenting with complex needs and psychiatric co-morbidity.
- Our services are readily available to young people and their families where they live. We operate clinics in Dublin City Centre, Corduff, Ballymun, Swords and Balbriggan.
We aim to
- Promote abstinence from drugs and alcohol use or to reduced use of drugs and alcohol.
- Promote harm reduction by lowering the young person’s risk profile.
- Support the young person’s re-engagement in education, family and pro-social activities.
- Provide support and guidance to families who are trying to help a young person address their drug or alcohol problem.
- Work collaboratively with other agencies to address other issues such as mental health, education, housing, forensic and to ensure the best possible outcomes for the young people.
- Provide appropriate interventions for young people under 18 years of age in line with best international research and standards.
What we do
- Comprehensive assessment and individual care plan.
- Individual counselling and cognitive therapy.
- Health education and advice.
- Support and education for families.
- Psychiatric assessment
- We accept self-referrals, referrals from parents and guardians and referrals from professionals involved in the care of the young person such as doctors, nurses, social workers, psychotherapists, probation officers, teachers and youth workers.
- SASSY provides a service to people living in Dublin North City and County, (CHO9). Please call us for more information on the areas we cover.
Our contact details:
Address: Lisburn Street, Dublin 7 D07E891
Telephone: 01 7785980
Download the SASSY referral form