Who we are
S.A.S.S.Y. is a HSE community service providing support to young people under 18 years of age, resident in Dublin North City and County for whom drug use or alcohol use is having a significant negative impact on their daily lives.
Four Counsellors and one consultant child and adolescent psychiatrist provide individual counselling, cognitive therapy and psychiatric assessment.
Each staff member has the experience and the qualifications to work with young people presenting with complex needs and psychiatric co-morbidity.
Our services are readily available to young people and their families where they live. We operate clinics in Dublin City Centre, Corduff, Ballymun, Swords and Balbriggan.
- Promote abstinence from drugs and alcohol use or to reduced use of drugs and alcohol.
- Promote harm reduction by lowering the young person’s risk profile.
- Support the young person’s re-engagement in education, family and pro-social activities.
- Provide support and guidance to families who are trying to help a young person address their drug or alcohol problem.
- Work collaboratively with other agencies to address other issues such as mental health, education, housing, forensic and to ensure the best possible outcomes for the young people.
- Provide appropriate interventions for young people under 18 years of age in line with best international research and standards.
What we do
- Comprehensive assessment and individual care plan.
- Individual counselling and cognitive therapy.
- Health education and advice.
- Support and education for families.
- Psychiatric assessment
- We accept self-referrals, referrals from parents and guardians and referrals from professionals involved in the care of the young person such as doctors, nurses, social workers, psychotherapists, probation officers, teachers and youth workers.
- SASSY provides a service to people living in Dublin North City and County, (CHO9). Please call us for more information on the areas we cover.
Address: Lisburn Street, Dublin 7 D07E891
Phone: 01 7785980
Download the SASSY referral form (doc)