HSE Twitter Policy
Who we are
The Health Service Executive (HSE) uses Twitter to communicate with people interested in our work. @hselive is the official Twitter account of the Health Service Executive, Ireland. It is managed by the HSE’s Communications Division working in partnership with our Health Service colleagues.
You can see our profile and our tweets at www.twitter.com/hselive
What we tweet about
If you follow us, you can expect tweets covering some or all of the following:
- Latest news from across the health services
- HSE conferences and events
- Content on www.hse.ie
- Information about health and well-being initiatives
- HSE vacancies and recruitment campaigns
- During some emergencies or public health outbreaks, status updates for the public, media and other advocate
Other HSE accounts include:
- @HSEvalues - Committed to making the HSE values of care, compassion, trust and learning a way of life throughout the health service. #weareourvalues
- @HSE_HR - Your official guide to what's happening in HR in the health services
- @HSEImm - HSE National Immunisation Office
- @hpscireland ‐ Health Protection Surveillance Centre
- @HSEQuitTeam – HSE Quit Smoking Support Service
- @littlethingshub - HSE Mental Health campaign #littlethings
- @NOSPIreland - National Office for Suicide Prevention
- @ULHospitals - 6 hospitals in Limerick, Clare & N Tipperary
- @hseNCCP - National Cancer Control Programme
- @HSEQI - HSE Quality Improvement Programme
RTs ≠ Endorsement
Retweets of content don’t mean the HSE endorses that tweet. The HSE will retweet tweets from other accounts from time to time, but this should not be considered an endorsement of the content or the account. We will RT if we think our followers may find the information of interest or relevant to health, well-being or personal social service topics.
Who we follow
If you follow us, we will not automatically follow you back. Sometimes we’ll follow you so that we can exchange Direct Messages.
@Replies and Direct Messages
We welcome feedback from our followers and will try to join the conversation where possible. We are happy to respond, where relevant, to queries from the public about how to access health services, but regret we cannot reply to all comments and queries.
We will read all @replies and DMs sent to us and endeavour to answer them within 2 hours. We will consult with our colleagues to ensure we give the most appropriate answer. We will signpost you to the most appropriate service. We don’t provide medical or clinical advice on this page.
Questions about HSE Services
The best way to ask a question about any of the services provided by the Health Service Executive is through HSELive. The HSELive team are here to answer your questions from 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday and 10am - 5pm on Saturdays.
You can contact HSELive via:
Comments or Complaints
If you have a comment, complaint or want to give us feedback you can use firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a media query, email email@example.com or you can call the HSE Press Office on 01 92 139 12.
HSE Staff Tweeting
HSE staff should familiarise themselves with the HSE Social Media Policy. If you have questions about this policy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not include personal/private information in your tweets or direct messages to us. This is for the protection of your personal data and private information.
Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to Twitter downtime