The Press and Media Team primarily focuses on news events happening daily in the health services.
Through media engagement and proactive campaigns we:
- highlight services available to the public
- broadcast important public health messages
- share the inspiring work carried out by staff across the country every day.
As guardians of healthcare in Ireland, it is important that the Press and Media Team, on behalf of the HSE, provide trusted and accurate information.
National Press Office
The National News and Media team deal with queries from the media about the national health services from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
As we continue to work remotely due to Covid-19, media may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
The main national press office number is 01 921 3912
Media can also visit our dedicated Media Centre pages on this site - www.hse.ie/media
Out of Hours Media Service
For out of hours media queries please phone 087 227 4605. This phone number cannot accept queries by text message/SMS.
If you send an email query to email@example.com during out of hours please alert the on-call press officer at this number that the email has been sent.
Non-urgent queries or queries that require data gathering from across the health system cannot be facilitated outside of normal working hours.
Such queries should be directed to the relevant communications staff during normal working hours.
- Ciara Ní Ruairc, Head of Press and Media, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Gleeson, D/Head of Press and Media (Acting), email@example.com
- Emma Lynam, Senior Press Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amanda Kenny, Press Officer, email@example.com
- Lynne Caffrey, Press Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Oonagh O’Mahony, Press Officer, email@example.com
- Yvonne McCahill, Press Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephen Benson, email@example.com
Community Health Organisations and Hospital Groups
The Community Health Organisations (CHOs) and Hospital Groups deal with queries from the media relating to the services in their area.
Find details here on Communications contacts in Community Health Organisations and Hospital Groups.