News and Media / National Press Office
The News and Media Team primarily focuses on news events happening daily in the health services and provides trusted and accurate information to media.
Through media engagement and proactive campaigns we:
- highlight services available to the public
- broadcast important public health messages
- respond to media queries
- share the inspiring work carried out by staff across the country every day.
The News and Media Team deal with queries from the media about the national health services. As we continue to work from home, media may contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. You can also call our out of hours phone number 087 227 4605 which diverts to a press officer during week day working hours.
Our working hours are:
Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm
Saturday and Sunday 12pm to 4pm
Media can also visit our dedicated Media Centre pages on this site - www.hse.ie/media
Out of Hours Media Service
For out of hours emergency media queries outside the press office working hours, please phone 087 227 4605. This phone number cannot accept queries by text message/SMS as it is a call forwarding service.
If you send an email query to email@example.com during out of hours please alert the on-call press officer on 087 2274605 that the email has been sent.
Non-urgent queries or queries that require data gathering from across the health system cannot be facilitated outside of normal working hours. Such queries should be directed to press office during normal working hours, Monday to Friday.
- Ciara Ni Ruairc - Head of Press and Media
- Mary Gleeson - Deputy Head of Press and Media
- Fachtna Kelly - Senior Press Officer
- Oonagh O’Mahony - Senior Press Officer
- Elizabeth Fraser - Press Officer
- Karl Coleman - Press Officer
- Eric Dowling – Press Officer
- Hannah Ingle – Press Officer
- Karen O'Grady - Acting Senior Press Officer – projects
- Lucy O'Shea - Press Officer - projects
- Sean Ellis - Press Officer - projects
- Stephen Benson - Administration Support
Phone: 087 2274605 - during office hours and out of hours service
Community Health Organisations and Hospital Groups
The Community Health Organisations (CHOs) and Hospital Groups deal with queries from the media relating to the services in their area.
Find details here on Communications contacts in Community Health Organisations and Hospital Groups.