Our News and Media team deals with news and events happening daily in the health services. The team provides frontline media relations for the health service and responds to approximately 5,000 media queries each year.
The team also co-ordinates the out of hours media service which is provided 7 days a week in response to the 24/7 news cycle.
The team provides proactive and reactive media advice to management and staff in the HSE, from events and launches to crisis management.
Services offered by our news and media team include:
- preparing media statements
- public relations and event management
- identifying suitable spokespeople
- providing media training for spokespeople.
Please see here for Media Relations Protocols for Health Service Employees.
National Press Office
The National News and Media team deal with queries from the media about the national health services from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
As we continue to work remotely due to Covid-19, media may contact us by email at email@example.com in the first instance.
The main national press office number is 01 921 3912
Media can also visit our dedicated Media Centre pages on this site - www.hse.ie/media
Out of Hours Media Service
For out of hours media queries please phone 087 227 4605. This phone number cannot accept queries by text message/SMS.
If you send an email query to firstname.lastname@example.org during out of hours please alert the on-call press officer at this number that the email has been sent.
Non-urgent queries or queries that require data gathering from across the health system cannot be facilitated outside of normal working hours.
Such queries should be directed to the relevant communications staff during normal working hours.
- Stephen McGrath, A/Head of Press, email@example.com
- Mary Gleeson, Senior Press Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emma Lynam, Senior Press Officer, email@example.com
- Amanda Kenny, Press Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynne Caffrey, Press Officer, email@example.com
- Oonagh O’Mahony, Press Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yvonne McCahill, Press Officer, email@example.com
- Stephen Benson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Health Organisations and Hospital Groups
The Community Health Organisations (CHOs) and Hospital Groups deal with queries from the media relating to the services in their area.
Find details here on Communications contacts in Community Health Organisations and Hospital Groups.