Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown welcomes your views on the service and care we provide to our patients and families. We acknowledge at times that patients and their families can become upset, worried or frustrated when attending the hospital for various reasons. We are delighted to hear when we are doing well, but we also need to know when we can do better in providing care to our patients and their families.
How to provide feedback
If you / your family member is an in-patient we strongly recommend that you speak with the relevant member of staff looking after you in the first instance.
At all times there is a manager on duty in every ward and department who is available to assist you.
If you are an out-patient or discharged from the hospital we recommend that you contact the relevant team or department to try and resolve your issue at a local level.
Department and ward contact numbers
If you call 01 6465000 a member of staff on the switchboard will be able to assist to identify the relevant area you require.
The staff of the Quality and Safety Department are also available to receive your feedback.
Email email@example.com or call 01 6465696
On receipt of your feedback we will:
- Acknowledge your communication.
- Pass on your compliment to a member of staff or service.
- Act upon any suggestion for improvement where possible.
- We will act as an advocate on your behalf in order to ensure that your feedback is appropriately managed.
If your concerns/issues have not been resolved at local level by the department/ward, please refer to our complaints policy below:
Complaints Policy Summary
- Connolly hospital takes your complaint seriously and will strive to reach a satisfactory resolution in partnership with you
- You can make a complaint up to twelve months following your experience
- The hospital will endeavour to acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and resolve your complaint within 35 working days
- There are occasions when this timeframe may need to be extended. You will be informed if this applies to your complaint
- If you are not satisfied with the response that you have received or with the resolution that the hospital has offered, you can make a request to the RCSI Hospital Group for a review into the management of your complaint within 30 days of receiving your response
- This can be done by contacting Mr Ian Carter, CEO, RCSI HG;
- Address: RCSI Hospitals 111 St Stephen’s Green D02 VN51
- If you are unhappy at any point during the complaints process, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is fair, independent, and free to use. The Ombudsman will ask you for details of your complaint and a copy of the final response to your complaint letter/email. The best way to contact the Ombudsman is by:
- Clicking on the ‘Make A Complaint’ link at ombudsman.ie
- Writing to: Office of the Ombudsman, 6 Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 W773
- Calling the Ombudsman on 01 639 5600 if you have any queries
Connolly Hospital Patient Council
The patient council are a group of people who inform and contribute directly to the hospital to help us improve our services.. For more information e-mail: Serviceuserfeedback.firstname.lastname@example.org
Patient Advocacy Service
Information about the Patient Advocacy Service
Independent Advocacy Services
Information about the advocacy services available to you