Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown welcomes your views on the service and care we provide to our patients and families. We acknowledge at times that patients and their families can become upset, worried or frustrated when attending the hospital for various reasons. We are delighted to hear when we are doing well, but we also need to know when we can do better in providing care to our patients and their families.
How to provide feedback:
If you / your family member is an in-patient we strongly recommend that you speak with the relevant member of staff looking after you in the first instance.
At all times there is a manager on duty in every ward / department who is available to assist you.
If you are an out-patient or discharged from the hospital we recommend that you contact the relevant team or department to try and resolve your issue at a local level.
Click here for a link to department / ward contact numbers.
If you dial (01) 646 5000 a member of staff on the switchboard will be able to assist to identify the relevant area you require.
The staff of the Quality and Safety Department are also available to receive your feedback.
On receipt of your feedback we will:
- Acknowledge your communication.
- Pass on your compliment to a member of staff or service.
- Act upon any suggestion for improvement where possible.
- We will act as an advocate on your behalf in order to ensure that your feedback is appropriately managed.
If your concerns / issues have not been resolved at local level by the department / ward, please refer to our complaints policy below:
Complaints Policy Summary
- The management of complaints within Connolly Hospital is in line with the Health Service Executive’s ‘Your Service Your Say’. Leaflets are available in all clinical areas.. Click here to find out more.
- We endeavour to resolve all complaints at a local level.
- Our aim is to investigate and complete the complaints process within 30 working days.
- If the above is not achievable and processing time exceeds 30 working days you will be informed of updated progress.
- If you are dissatisfied with the hospital response to your complaint, you may apply for a review to the RCSI Hospital Group within 30 working days of the date on which the report was signed and dated by the relevant Head of Department. Please write to:
Mr. Ian Carter,
CEO RCSI Hospital Group,
111 St. Stephen’s Green,
- If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome of the Internal Review, or at any point you may make a further review application by writing to:
18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2,
Telephone: 01 6395600,
LoCall: 1890223030 (from outside 01 area),
Fax: 01 6395674 E-mail: email@example.com
Connolly Hospital Patient Council
The patient council are a group of people who inform and contribute directly to the hospital to help us improve our services.. For more information e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Independent Advocacy Services
Click here for more information about the advocacy services available to you.
The National Patient Experience Survey 2017
Thank you to all of our patients who participated in this survey in 2017, we appreciate and value your feedback.
View Connolly Hospital’s National Patient Experience Survey report and response to the report (action plan)