Energy efficiency programmes
The HSE has 2 main energy efficiency programmes. These are the Estates Energy Bureau and Optimising Power at Work Programme.
Estates Energy Bureau
The Estates Energy Bureau, set up in 2018, works in partnership with the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland.
The Bureau has dedicated energy managers working with sites to:
- establish energy teams
- create registers of opportunities for energy saving projects
- promote energy efficiency
Optimising Power at Work
The Optimising Power at Work (OP@W) is a staff energy awareness campaign. It is run in partnership with the Office of Public Works.
The programme involves 3 key areas:
- technology - installing energy monitoring equipment in all buildings
- specialist resources- energy specialists working with energy teams in each building
- staff engagement- teams of staff and other key stakeholders in each building
Join your local energy team
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to get involved.