National Doctors Training and Planning (NDTP) incorporates Medical Education and Training, Consultant Appointments and Medical Workforce Planning and was established in September 2014.
Spark Innovation Programme Update
NDTP has extended the application deadline for the Spark Innovation Fellow.
Spark Innovation Fellowship: The Spark Innovation Programme is currently seeking to identify the next Spark Innovation Fellow for July 2020. The Spark Innovation Fellowship is an exciting role that offers NCHDs an invaluable opportunity to gain leadership and managerial experience while promoting innovation and change in the HSE. The role is open to all NCHDs who will have completed their internship in July 2020. Please see the attached job description for further information. Applications are open until April 10th 2020.
2020 Successful Aspire Fellowships
NDTP is proud to announce the successful fellowships which will be recruiting for the 2020 intake.
6 Aspire Post CSCST Fellowships were awarded within the Acute hospital sector for 2020 in the following areas:
· Surgery: Complex Epilepsy Surgery and Experimental Epilepsy
· Radiology: Prostate Cancer Survivorship
· Neurology: Epilepsy, E-Health and Transformation of Chronic Care
· Paediatrics: Neonatal Transfusion and Haemovigilance
· Quality Improvement: Clinical Leadership and Quality Improvement
· Quality improvement: Public Health Medicine Fellowship in Quality Improvement
2 Aspire Post CSCST Fellowships were awarded for 2020 in Mental Health:
· Integrated Coordinated Transitional Care for Individuals with 22q11.2DS and their Families
· Neuroimaging Fellowship in Mood Disorders
NDTP Annual Report 2018
The NDTP 2018 annual report is currently available here. The annual report details the 2018 developments of different divisions within the NDTP, including Medical Education and Training, Medical Workforce Planning, the Consultants Division, Doctors Integrated Management E-System (DIME) and more.
For other NDTP publications, please click here.
Supernumerary Flexible Training Scheme
The National Supernumerary Flexible Training Scheme is open until the 20th of December. Click here for information regarding the Flexible Training Scheme, the Flexible Training Policy 2020 and the application form.